Job no: 517394
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Administrative/Professional, Human Resources
Department:29680110 - MD-CTSI-OPERATIONS HRFISCAL
Administrative Specialist III
- Serves as the primary HR specialist for the CTSI, Center of Excellence for Regenerative Health Biotechnology (CERHB) and the Administrative Core in the Southeast Center for Integrated Metabolomics (SECIM).
- Ensures Center compliance with all Human Resource policies and regulations for the university.
- New hires/terminations and position development/revisions
- Coordinate policies, programs, and services related to the recruitment of staff and leadership positions in the Clinical and Translational Institute, including but not limited to center/institute directors, scientists recruited to support strategic initiatives, staff position and support staff/OPS.
- Process all new hire, terminations, FTE changes, OPS/STA changes.
- Develop and advise on the creation of new positions within the CTSI and the programs the CTSI supports. Process positions through the MyUFL system.
- Support of human resource functions including the responsibility for recruitment, hiring and Provide orientation for any new hires to the Center.
- Prepare position advertisements for the Center and participate in the interviewing of applicants.
- Review position descriptions, conducts job audits, and determines appropriate position classification.
- Interprets personnel policies, regulations, and standards.
- Explains benefit programs to employees and processes paperwork.
- Process layoffs, terminations and disciplinary issues.
- Investigates disciplinary cases and determines justification for management action.
- Develop and maintain Organizational and workflow charts for the Center’s programs.
- Process Outside Activity forms for the Center’s employees.
- Process HR600’s for the Center.
Payroll and Distributions
- Verify preliminary and final pay lists to ensure all employees/fellows are paid.
- Work with multiple departments to ensure payroll distributions are processed timely and accurately.
- Process/update payroll distributions in both PeopleSoft and departmental files as per the budget and/or Co-Directors request.
- Process any cost transfers as necessary and ensure all are executed correctly.
- Serves as the primary time approver for the CTSI.
- Responsible for keeping the Center’s leave records and maintaining the Center’s central leave calendar.
Event Management and Logistics
- Responsible for managing large scale and high stakes events for the Center, including but not limited to:
- Annual NIH Program Officer Visit
- Annual External Advisory Committee Meeting
- Staff and/or strategic planning retreats
- Responsible for preparing, managing and executing all event related logistics, including but not limited to:
- Preparing and maintaining event budgets.
- Coordinating and arranging all vendor contracts and partnerships.
- Assisting with event strategy and creative design.
- Organizing, designing and/or printing all informational needs for the event such as itineraries, programs, abstracts, participant lists, etc.
- Purchases all event related supplies, such as posters, signage, name badges, lanyards and giveaways.
- Creates and manages master event timelines that include all activities related to pre-event, event and post-event tasks.
Department Training, Security Administrator and Software/IT Liaison
- Serves as the department Training Coordinator, ensuring all Center employees are up to date and in compliance with annual training requirements, such as HIPAA, sexual harassment and other related training requirements.
- Serves as the Department Security Administrator (DSA) by maintaining:
- Internal controls.
- Managing user security roles.
- Conflict role process.
- HRMS/Grants Security setups.
- Quality assurance methods.
- Software/IT Liaison
- Responsible for the maintenance and daily management of the staff software.
- Manage the technical support for the Center.
- Provide any necessary access to systems or files.
- Maintain computer inventory, updating and replacing equipment and supplies as needed.
Asset and Building Management
- Asset Management
- Responsible for marking, recording, and/or safeguarding the Center’s capital assets.
- Work with Surplus property to dispose of equipment as needed
- Building Management
- Primary point of contact for building and facility maintenance problems.
- Participates and assists in coordinating all renovation projects by working closely with vendors and university employees.
- Responsible for departmental keys and locks, distribution and collection of keys, and maintaining records of key holders.
Space Survey, Effort and FAR Coordination
- Manage annual space survey reporting process, including data collection and data entry to the Space Inventory and Allocation System.
- Effort assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Reviewing all commitments and pay distributions for each project, each semester.
- Work with the Contracts & Grants office to adjust commitments as necessary.
- Coordinate effort certification corrections with the department manager and employee.
- Proxy approver for outstanding certifications for faculty/project PI’s that have left the University and are not available for approval.
- Troubleshoot any other effort issues that may arise.
- FAR assistance includes but is not limited to:
- Ensure all proposals and project award information is input in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all proposal and project information is pulling into the FAR accurately.
- Troubleshoot any problems that may arise.
Answer any questions concerning the grant information on the reports
$55,000 - $65,000
Bachelor’s degree and five years of appropriate experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
• Ability to communicate and collaborate with faculty and staff at multiple levels and in diverse fields.
• Ability to plan, organize and coordinate work assignments independently, with a demonstrated ability to lead and work as part of a team toward organizational objectives.
• Experience in academic research or health care environment preferred.
• Outstanding organizational skills, including time management and setting priorities.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Skill in coordinating major events in multi-purpose facilities.
• Excellent problem solving and customer relations skills.
• Requires initiative, diplomacy and the ability to interact with a variety of departments, contractors and personalities in pressure situations.
• Ability to direct other staff operations in delivering varied, diverse facility services, and resolve conflicts.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, management, co-workers, and the public.
• Ability and willingness to work extended hours and varying work schedules (i.e., evenings, weekends and holidays), frequently meet rigid deadlines with limited lead-time, handle concurrent planning and execution of multiple events.
• Ability to keep track of the large number of details involved in the successful execution of all projects and/or events.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 01 Aug 2021 Eastern Daylight Time