Job no: 517416
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Academic Advising/Support, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34060500 - DN-HIALEAH
Academic Assistant I
Liaise with the University of Florida College of Dentistry Office of Advanced Education, Office of Admissions and the Hialeah Program Director as the Hialeah Dental Center on-site coordinator for the 2-Year Advanced Education in General Dentistry Program. Assist with collection of required documentation for applicants to the program.
Assist the Director and Assistant Directors of the Hialeah Dental Center. Maintain records, assist with scheduling of didactic and other educational activities, and make program website updates.
Responsible for entering student grades into the program database for submission into UF's grading system. Work with residents to address and resolve student account holds.
Assist with coordinating faculty effort certification. Assist with overseeing faculty hours and attendance to meet the needs of the Hialeah Dental Center. Work directly with faculty members to setup Gatorlink Accounts, change/reset passwords, train residents and faculty members on dental management software (Axium), ensure completion of initial and annual HIPAA and confidentiality statement training, and obtain/activate UF Gator 1 badges.
Responsible for maintaining an alumni database and communication system to support current residents, program initiatives, career interests, and academic support. Implement marketing strategies geared toward increasing program awareness and diversity of applicant pool.
Assist with training new residents in using Axium. Assist with event planning and setting up training workshops (as needed).
$15.00 - $18.00/hr, commensurate with education/experience
- Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance available
- Life, Disability, & other Supplemental insurance available
- Employee assistance program
- Vacation, Holiday and Sick paid leave
- Parental and other leave plans available
- Retirement plans
- Education Assistance
High school diploma or equivalent and two years of relevant experience
Preferred Qualifications:- Background working within an academic support role (admissions and financial aid)
- Knowledge of the effective use in database management, document management, and updates using PC computers
- Knowledge of college and university policy and procedure
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Skills in the effective database management, document management and updates using PC computers
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills
- Ability to organize files and other records with confidentiality
- Committed to working in a multicultural and fast-pace environment with residents, faculty members, staff members, and the publicSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 30 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time