Job no: 517422
Work type: Staff Part-Time
Categories: Health Profession, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:34060500 - DN-HIALEAH
Dental Hygienist I
Schedules and provides Special Day Foundation (SDF) presentations, attend meetings, and coordinates educational sessions
Organizes, instructs, supervises, and evaluates patient care in oral hygiene education
Establishes Special Day Foundation (SDF) new patients/schedules initial consultation appointments; ensures informed consents are obtained; completes and maintains patient charts; manages SDF’s Dental Referral Program, intake process and wait list; and maintains required cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification
Performs scaling and root planning procedures on Special Day Foundation (SDF) patients; performs other duties as assigned
$30.00 - $35.00/hr commensurate with education/experience
Benefits:Medical, Dental, & Vision Insurance availableLife, Disability, & other Supplemental insurance availableEmployee assistance programVacation, Holiday and Sick paid leaveParental and other leave plans availableRetirement plansEducation Assistance
Licensed as a dental hygienist in accordance with Chapter 466, Florida Statutes.
- Knowledge of dental terminology
- Knowledge of dental hygiene principles and practices
- Knowledge of the procedures and techniques for using radiographic equipment
- Skill in using dental instruments and equipment
- Skill in performing dental prophylaxis
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to instruct patients in preventative dental techniques
- Ability to perform a variety of radiographic operations
- Ability to communicate orally, by phone, and in writing with faculty, staff, and patients
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with others
- Ability to prioritize and self-motivate to attain work duties
- Ability to work for extended periods unsupervised
- Professional demeanor
- Exceptional compassion
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This is a time-limited position.
In order to be considered, you must upload your resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
Health Assessment Required:yes
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 13 Aug 2021 Eastern Daylight Time