Job no: 517423
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Education/Instructional, Human Resources
Department:26040100 - HH-SPM ADMIN/INSTRUCTION
Learning & Org Dev Spec IJob Description:
Department of Sport Management – Residential Graduate Programs Admissions
• Monitors and tracks graduate applications for the residential graduate degree programs (MS and PhD) utilizing Excel, Slate and Campus Solutions.
• Compile application packets utilizing Adobe Acrobat Pro; including calculating necessary GPAs.
• Communicate with applicants, as needed to answer questions and request additional information.
• Facilitate admission decision process with department committees.
• Process admission decisions; prepare and send correspondence.
• Maintain the Department Graduate Student Handbook; MS and PhD.
• Assist with reviewing and updating the university Graduate Catalog.
Department of Sport Management – Residential Graduate Programs
Assistant to Graduate Coordinator
• Organizes and maintains confidential academic records and data for graduate students enrolled in the residential programs. Monitors graduate students’ progress toward degree, and various critical steps and forms associated with their progress.
• Assists students with routine advisement or course and program options and ideas to discuss with their advisor; including but not limited to courses, admission, registration, drop/add procedures, department and college policies and procedures via email, phone and in-person meetings. Informs students of missing documentation towards their degree plan. Prepares, maintains and distributes handout materials/documents required of students in the program.
• Assists students/applicants in searching for information regarding scholarships, fellowships, graduate assistantships, job, seminar/conference, internship, volunteering opportunities and proposal/defense announcements.
• Assists students and maintains files on student contracts for courses: independent studies, research hours, graduate internships and practicums.
• Monitor and respond to graduate student email account for the department in coordination with the Graduate Coordinator.
• Maintains and updates “important dates” in graduate program calendar through electronic postings and email.
• Maintain and certify graduate degree applicants.
• Prepare and process concurrent degree paperwork, as needed.
• Act as a liaison for students, Graduate School Admissions, administration and faculty.
• Assist with planning and presenting fall new student orientation.
• Assists with data collection and prepare necessary reports.
• Assist with maintaining graduate student accounts in GIMS.
• Prepare and process necessary petition forms for graduate students and the department, including transfer of credit submissions.
• Assist with the organization of qualifying exams for PhD students and maintain records related to the exams, including processing all necessary reporting to the Graduate School via Campus Solutions and GIMS.
Department of Sport Management – Internship Program Support
Assistant to the Internship Coordinator
• Assist the internship coordinator with the internship approval process
• Maintain the internship program database
Perform other duties as assigned by a department chair to ensure the success of the graduate and internships programs of the department.Expected Salary:
Up to $45,000 annuallyMinimum Requirements:
Master’s degree in an appropriate area; or a bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of relevant experience.Preferred Qualifications:
N/ASpecial Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered for this position, please upload a cover letter, resume and contact information for at least three professional references.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.Health Assessment Required:
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 23 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time