Job no: 517426
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Location: Main Campus (Gainesville, FL)
Categories: Human Resources
Department:62010300 - HR-EMPLOYMENT
Employment Specialist II
This position provides timely and effective guidance to UF departments, employees, and the general public related to employment practices at the University of Florida. The position is responsible for evaluating and approving electronic personnel action forms (ePAF). Types of ePAF actions may include hires, job edits, one-time payments, and employment status changes. Provides customer service by ensuring that employment processes are managed in a professional manner and are consistent with university policy. The incumbent is responsible for interpreting state and federal regulations as well as developing metrics for departmental and university-wide employment analytics and creating standard operating procedures for internal and external customers. Located in Human Resources, Employment Operations & Records, this position reports to the HR Manager.
Responsible for evaluating personnel transactions for faculty, staff and temporary employees. Types of ePAF actions may include hires, job edits, one-time payments, and employment status changes.
- Interprets UF rules and policies as they pertain to the hiring practices and changes in an employee’s lifecycle to ensure transactions are in compliance.
- Evaluates that employment transactions are in alignment with practices at the university level.
- Serves as a consultant to UF hiring authorities by providing advice and guidance in developing and implementing effective hiring processes that complies with federal and state laws, including Fair Labor Standard Acts, Family and Medical Leave Act, and Title VII of Civil Rights Act.
- Reviews hire paperwork to ensure proper federal, state, and UF compliance, including reviewing the I-9 and E-Verify for employment eligibility.
- Monitors queries for pending ePAF actions to ensure timely review/approval.
Serves as an employment operations consultant to employees, colleagues and/or supervisors.
- Reviews, interprets, and ensures compliance with rules, policies, and procedures related to the university’s employment operations practices, and advises departments accordingly.
- Assist, as needed, in resolving employment issues. Works cooperatively with the Classification and Compensation and Talent Acquisition to ensure compliance with University policies and rules.
- Acts as a liaison with department contacts in answering procedural and operational questions about employment actions, including questions related to submitting employment actions within myUFL.
- Makes recommendations for changes to rules, policies, and procedures and serves on committees and groups involved in reviews of business processes.
Leads or participates in Employment Operations & Records projects as assigned. These projects may involve reviews for individual departments or university-wide initiatives.
- This includes working on metrics and analytics to better understand the workload and work distribution in the department as well as compliance related for university programs.
Serves as lead in managing system issues such as integration broker errors, transactional issues.
- Serves as a liaison with third-party vendors when troubleshooting
Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area and two years of appropriate experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience in human resources/recruitment; ability to meet and interact effectively with customers. Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to provide excellent customer service, exercise good judgment and understand, interpret and consistently apply laws, regulations, policies and procedures.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:No
Advertised: 16 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time