Job no: 517407
Work type: Staff Full-Time
Categories: Agriculture/Life Science/Vet Medicine, Veteran's Preference Eligible
Department:60910000 - AG-SWFREC-IMMOKALEE
Agricultural Assistant II
- Will be responsible for setting up, maintaining and monitoring trials
- Greenhouse and field work include assisting in field and greenhouse pesticide spray trials involving the mixing, handling, and application of pesticides.
- Duties will include collecting, storing, and processing samples from the field and greenhouse trials.
- Laboratory work will include recording data and keeping laboratory notes, organizing and documenting plant and insect samples, and assisting in the processing of these samples, preparation of laboratory solutions and microbiological media, and general lab maintenance
Salary is commensurate with education and experience
High school diploma or equivalent with two years of relevant experience. Appropriate college coursework or vocational/technical training may substitute at an equivalent rate for the required experience. Must have a pesticide applicator license or ability to get one within three months.
- B.S. degree in biology, botany, microbiology or other closely related science field. Experience in pesticide application, plant propagation and maintenance, greenhouse maintenance, sample preparation and handling, and basic laboratory skills, such as preparing microbiological media and chemical solutions, pipetting, PCR, and gel electrophoresis.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
In order to be considered, you must upload your cover letter and resume, along with a minimum of three references to include contact information (e-mail address, phone number)
This position is eligible for veteran’s preference. If you are claiming veteran’s preference, please upload a copy of your DD 214 Member Copy 4 with your application for consideration. See our Veteran's Preference Page for more specific information.
This is a time-limited position.
Application must be submitted by 11:55 p.m. (ET) of the posting end date.
Health Assessment Required:Yes
Advertised: 26 Jul 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: 09 Aug 2021 Eastern Daylight Time