Medical Research Specialist....TNPRC - Immunology
Location: Covington, LA
The Medical Research Specialist performs technical laboratory work. The Specialist will work with Borrelia burgdorferi spirochete bacteria and their tick vector, Ixodes scapularis, as well as animals. This position performs routine processes such as bacterial growth and counting, tick placement and collection on animals, and the Specialist performs specialized assays such as PCR and RT-PCR. The Specialist assists senior personnel where needed. This position keeps accurate records of experiments, assists with shipping of dangerous goods, and trains incoming students and personnel in various laboratory techniques.
- High School Diploma/Equivalent
- 9 years of research experience in molecular biology, immunology and/or othermicrobiology-related disciplines.
- Experience with rodent handling.
- Experiencewith IATA/DOT Shipping of Dangerous Goods.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience and training for administering controlled substances