Freshman Admissions Recruiter Location:
Clayton State University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Job Summary The Freshman Admissions Recruiter is responsible for prospect generation, follow up, and yield efforts with specific territories to meet enrollment goals of Clayton State University.
POSITION DUTIES AND EXPECTATIONS
- Recruit prospective students to the university through attendance at college day/night fairs, career fairs, visits to high schools, and on-campus programs.
- Conduct presentations in classrooms/auditoriums; manages relationships with prospective students, parents, and school counselors.
- Intensive travel throughout the Atlanta metro area and Georgia. Some out-of-area travel and overnight stay are required.
- Provide in-office admissions counseling; meets with prospective students; initiates appropriate and effective follow-up communication to prospective students.
- Conduct campus tours and participate in the planning and implementing of on and off-campus recruitment events.
- Schedule all assigned high schools in the designated territory; Quality Visits at Top High Schools, host a Quality Visit at organizations and generate a minimum of one (1) Laker Experience Tour per month.
- As a key representative of Clayton State University, maintain a professional appearance in both manner and dress to create an excellent impression.
- Expand audiences to increase penetration in high schools by networking through existing contacts and cultivate new relationships.
- Complete and submit weekly and monthly reports.
- Attend staff meetings and any other meetings required.
- Prepare a territory report to accurately reflect schools/counties by priority. Obtain target market (junior/senior) class population.
- Continuously update teacher/counselor information.
- Check emails and voice mails daily. Submit a detailed weekly report of in-field activities.
- Return to high schools to follow up with teachers, counselors, and students
- Bachelor’s degree
- One year of related experience in admissions, recruitment, or other related higher education, counseling, or marketing experience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must know about Microsoft Office software products; SCT Banner and/or TargetX/Salesforce CRM is helpful.
- Must have effective presentation and organizational skills; effective interpersonal skills; demonstrated skills in the promotion.
- Ability to interview and interact tactfully with potential recruits from diverse backgrounds; ability to establish long, enduring and, professional admissions recruitment relationships with schools in the recruiting efforts.
- Ability to function as a team player with other members of the Recruitment and Admissions Office and the University.
- Must be able to convey enthusiasm, energy, and poise.
- Must be able to travel, with some overnight travel required.
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Bilingual English/Spanish or multilingual preferred.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Clayton State University is an equal employment, equal access, and equal educational opportunity and affirmative action institution. It is the policy of the University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to race, color, national or ethnical origin, age, disability, gender, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or veteran status as required by applicable state and federal laws (including Title VI, Title VII, Title IX, Sections 503, and 504, AREA, ADA, E.O. 11246, and Rev. Proc. 75-50). Clayton State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Institution. For questions or more detailed information regarding this policy please contact the Clayton State University Office of Human Resources at (678) 466-4230. Individuals requiring disability related accommodations for participation in any event or to obtain print materials in an alternative format, please contact the Disability Resource Center at: (678) 466-5445.