: Dining ServicesDepartment:
: Dining ServicesLocations:
: Pella, IAPosted:
: Jul 16, 2021Closes:
: Open Until FilledType:
: Part-timePosition ID:
About Central College:
Founded in 1853, Central College of Pella, Iowa, is a private, residential four-year liberal arts college known for its academic rigor and strength in global experiential learning, STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math), sustainability education, athletics success, and tradition, and leadership and service. Central continues to value its long-standing relationship with the Reformed Church in America that began in 1916. The college participates in NCAA Division III athletics and is a member of the American Rivers Conference. Central is an active part of the Greater Des Moines region and is just two minutes from Lake Red Rock, Iowa's largest lake.
Central College is strongly committed to creating a diverse and inclusive community where students and employees feel welcome and can thrive. The Central College Welcome Statement is designed to promote and protect the safety, respect, and integrity of relationships among all members of our community. Each individual is responsible for creating an atmosphere that fosters openness, mutual respect, and inclusivity. To achieve these ends, Central College aims to establish a safe environment for all persons, including those considered diverse by contemporary and sometimes changing standards.
Central College is an equal opportunity employer. The college encourages candidates to apply who are from diverse backgrounds and historically underrepresented groups. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, religion, disability, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, gender expression and identity, genetic information (for employees), or any other characteristic protected by law. Additionally, Central seeks candidates who have had experience working with and/or interacting with individuals from diverse populations to apply.
Responsible to the Manager of Fred's, or the Assistant Manager on duty, for food preparation and sanitation.
Hiring 2 positions.
One position will work three nights a week. Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday
One position will work weekend evenings. Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.
Hours to be determined
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Responsible for food preparation, food orders, and cooking.
- Provide leadership to the student workers.
- Assist management to keep inventory stocked and area clean before, during, and after meal plan times.
- Perform routine daily deep cleaning of the fryers, grill, and pop machine
- Clean and sanitize all service areas and equipment, following the cleanup schedule
- Responsible for cashiering, such as receiving and making change for customers, and run a computerized cash register.
- Assist management in supervision, training, and assisting student workers.
- Provide friendly, courteous, and efficient service to all customers.
- Consistently demonstrate a positive attitude.
- Must be open and adaptable to change. Must be able to multi-task.
- Must work cooperatively and respectfully with the people you work with.
- Fred's is a high-volume, fast-paced environment. Must be able to think fast and execute tasks within a short period of time.
- Must be able to work weekends on rotation.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED
- Must be able to read, write, add, subtract, and follow instructions.
- Must possess some basic cooking skills
- Ability to work with students and a wide variety of individuals on campus
- Position requires walking and moving for the entire work period, except for breaks
- Must be available to work some evenings and week-ends
Email Human Resources or call 641-628-5198 with questions about the application process.