LaFetra College of Education CEEIR Student Assistant (2021/2022)Student Position Type:
Non Federal Work Study/La Verne WorkAppointment Type:
TBD/Flexible based on student’s class schedule. Number of Vacancies:
This position will work 5-15 hours per week.
1Job Description Summary:
The purpose of this position is to support the Center for Educational Equity and Intercultural Research (CEEIR). The Student Assistant will focus on providing administrative support to the center co-directors office, including assisting with event planning and execution, website and social media maintenance and presence, clerical tasks, and research projects.Specific Duties:
Provide professional administrative support to the CEEIR co-directors. This includes making copies, typing up notes, among other clerical and office tasks; Assist LFCE staff with/at Center projects and events; Assistance with research projects; Create, edit, and help facilitate promotional material (flyers, press releases, email announcements); Assist/compile CEEIR newsletter, Advisory Board updates, and other LFCE and Center email communications; Maintain and update CEEIR websites and social media accounts and increase its presence.Minimum Qualifications:
1) Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, Office 365, Google Apps, and similar cloud-based platforms. Preferred Qualifications:
2) Experience with light video editing, videography and/or photography and/or graphic/web design, especially within the context of social media.
3) Should be comfortable using and learning a range of software and hardware tools.
4) Must possess strong relational and organizational skills.
5) Must be able to manage own assignments and work independently with limited supervision.
1) Computer savvy is a plus. Benefits Summary:
2) Knowledge of Adobe CC, and/or database management.
3) Ability to facilitate within both Windows and OS X environments.
Employees are eligible for the following benefits:
One hour of Paid Sick Leave for every 30 hours worked, with a maximum accrual of 24 hours of Paid Sick Leave per year and capped at 48 hours.
University of La Verne Defined Contribution Retirement Plan – can contribute employee voluntary contributions, excluding wages derived from federal work study funds.
In accordance with the Affordable Care Act (ACA), employees who work an average of 30 or more hours per week, will be eligible for medical coverage through the University of La Verne.
Covered under the University of La Verne Workers Compensation Insurance.Location:
La Verne Central CampusPosting Number:
09/30/2021Open Until Filled: