Macalester College seeks to hire a full-time (1.0FTE) Staff Assistant to provide administrative support to the Dean’s Office at the Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship (KAIGC). This individual will offer professional communication, a strong sense of organization, and a great deal of collaboration. The KAIGC Staff Assistant serves as a valued contributor to our collaborative space for reimagining a world that is focused on equity and justice, actively working to increase access and dismantle barriers. It is vital that this individual fosters and promotes Macalester's culture of diversity and inclusion, encompassing individuals of any heritage, identity, status or orientation.
About the Kofi Annan Institute for Global Citizenship:
The KAIGC works collaboratively with campus partners to explore the relationships between internationalism, multiculturalism, and community engagement through the lens of equity and justice to co-create spaces of collaboration and action for transformative change. The Dean’s Office invites members of the campus community and beyond to engage in programs and initiatives that build community to open space for new knowledge to emerge. This enables us to collectively reimagine and re-shape our relationships, practices, programs, curricula, and policies to connect with larger movements for justice.
- Support the work of the Dean, 2-3 Associate Deans, the Mellon Mays/GSEF Faculty Coordinator, and a Faculty Fellow
- Provide administrative support for a number of academic cohort programs, including the Mellon Mays Undergraduate Fellowship (MMUF), Graduate School Exploration Fellowship (GSEF), Field Changers Fellowship, and related programs
- Manage and track budgets
- Organize and maintain department documents, lists, databases, and processes
- Coordinate recruitment for academic cohort programs
- Plan and organize events and programming such as speakers and year-end celebrations
- Manage room reservation system at the KAIGC
- Collaborate with the IGC Administrative Coordinator to to hire, train, supervise, and schedule 15-18 student employees
- Cultivate an environment of equity and inclusion
- Other duties as assigned
- An Associates Degree or technical school degree in Office Management or related field required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
- 1-3 years minimum of professional experience in an administrative role required. 3-5 years experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated commitment to working with individuals of color, first-generation college students and/or individuals from diverse backgrounds
- Strong attention to detail, organizational skills and accuracy in financial and data management
- Ability to multi-task and flexibility to work in a changing and dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Commitment to the public good and student development
- Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
For best consideration, applicants should submit a cover letter and resume as one PDF through the Macalester Employment Opportunities webpage. Please include the names and contact information for three references (one of whom must be the most recent direct supervisor). Priority will be given to applications received by July 30th and this role will be posted until closed.
All inquiries about this position should be directed to:
Talent Acquisition Manager
Macalester College - Institutional Overview
Since its founding in 1874, Macalester has provided students with the inspiration, insight, and experience to become successful and ethical leaders. Located in St. Paul, Minnesota, Macalester enrolls nearly 2,100 students who come from virtually every state and 91 countries. Macalester is committed to being a preeminent liberal arts college known for its high standards of scholarship and its special emphasis on internationalism, multiculturalism, and service to society.
Macalester is proud of its longstanding commitment to social justice and creating a safe environment for all people regardless of sexual orientation, race, ethnicity, national origin, citizenship status, gender, religion, age, or ability. Macalester is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse and pluralistic staff committed to working in a multicultural environment and strongly encourages applications from everyone who would add richness to our community, including people of color, individuals with disabilities and women.
Macalester employees enjoy a fantastic benefits package and working environment that is second to none. Please visit http://www.macalester.edu/employmentservices/benefits/ for more information about benefits at Macalester College.
Our Commitment to Safety in response to COVID-19:
For the safety of our community, Macalester requires all employees to have received a COVID-19 vaccine regimen.Should a newly hired employee be unable to receive the vaccination for either medical or religious reasons we offer accommodations and assistance.
Questions or concerns about this process should be directed to Bob Graf, Director of Employment Services, at [email protected]