Executive Director of Marketing Communications and Public Relations Tracking Code673-280 Job Description
The Executive Director for Marketing and Media Relations is responsible for Events, Internal Communications and Stetson Today, Social Media and Interactive Marketing, Stetson University Magazine and other publications, Media Relations, Crisis Communications, Safer Stetson Communications, editing, writing, and supporting and collaborating with colleagues in the Creative Services area, Athletics, and the schools and colleges.
Direct reports include
- Director of Events
- Director of Internal Communications and Stetson Today
- Social Media and Interactive Marketing Manager
- Director of Publications and Editor of Stetson University Magazine
- Contract PR person
- Contract writer for Safer Stetson
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct the efforts and initiatives of the internal and external communications functions for the university including social media, media relations, crisis communications, internal communications tools and functions, Stetson University Magazine and other publications, Stetson Today website, interactive marketing, and other communications outlets or functions for overall university communications as needed
- Direct the efforts of the university events staff
- Create good working relationships with local, state and national media. Ensure the development of accurate and compelling media communications and materials that enhance the reputation and image of the university.
- Oversee the operations of university-wide internal and external communications functions and tools including official social media outlets, websites, publications, digital signs, etc.
- Support other areas of the university with their communications initiatives by creating and executing communications plans that are in line with the goals of the university
- Serve as a member of the university’s Emergency Management Team, as the Public Information Officer as defined by FEMA in times of crisis and as Marketing’s primary point of contact with Public Safety. Direct crisis communication planning and execution for the university. Work with the Exec. Director of Communications and Marketing at the College of Law as needed in times of crisis or emergencies
- Assist and support marketing and communications at the College of Law
- Other duties on site and related to the responsibilities of this position
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent judgement of news value
- Ability to integrate digital communications, media relations, reputation management and marketing
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to manage and direct communications and marketing messaging across multiple platforms and channels
- Bachelor’s degree required in Public Relations, Journalism, Communications or related field with a minimum of five (5) years of Marketing, Media, Public Relations or Corporate Communications experience.
- Crisis communications experience
- Working knowledge of web technologies: social media, new and online dissemination of information
- Knowledge of internal communications, social media communications
Salary Grade: 8
Job Location DeLand, Florida, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular