Job DetailsJob Location Main Campus - Edmond, OKPosition Type StaffJob Category OTRS IneligibleDescription
Temporary, full time (one-year appointment with option for renewal) Position Overview:
Under supervision of the Manager of BI, Reports, and Data Services in the Office of Information Technology, the Data Integrations Specialist provides data analysis, data integration, and BI solutions for enterprise-level technology service delivery. In this role, you will work on a variety of projects and will play a key part in making sure that end results are designed according to the relevant patterns and analyses. Effectively collaborates across technology teams and business units through excellent communication skills, diplomacy and a positive attitude. Responsible for performing job duties in accordance with the mission, vision and values of the University of Central Oklahoma. Hybrid/Remote option available. Must complete on-site orientation up to 30 days as determined by position. Department Specific Essential Job Functions:
Responsible for model/map, develop, and execute all activities related to the integration of data across various sources into an organized and unified view. Supports and delivers on assigned PMO projects with requirements developed through the collaborative effort of cross-functional teams and clients. Responsible for the monitoring of data flow between databases, servers, and cloud services to ensure developed solutions are suitable for the organization’s data integration architecture. Manage the life cycle for data integrations including research, architecture, development, customization, testing, and release. Assists with the development of enterprise-wide processes and applications using Agile methodology.
- Work with cross-functional teams to ensure that data entry, retrieval, change and delete functions meet business requirements.
- Lead in company data integrations with various systems that are utilized.
- Identify data entry, retrieval, change, and delete issues, and work to ensure a high level of data availability.
- Coordinate and work with enterprise services and other teams to ensure that the coding is in line with defined structure and attributes.
- Coordinate and work with other technical staff on the development of relational databases and secondary databases. Develop automated database applications, where necessary, using the applicable database packages.
- Identify, diagnose and resolve database integration and performance issues and inefficiencies.
- Analyze user requirements and, based on findings, design functional specifications for client/server data integration solutions and applications.
- Write high quality source code to program complete data integrations within project deadlines. Leverage LTI, API tools where provided.
- Evaluate existing applications and integrations to redesign, update, and add new features.
- Conduct functional and non-functional testing.
- Maintain access, security, scalability and usability of developed data integrations within the standards of the Office of Information Technology.
- Creates and maintains documentation including diagrams, operational and support procedures.
- Publishes client-facing support documents to improve user experience. Collaborates with Technology Resource Center trainers and support staff to create online training modules and deliver scheduled and just-in -time application training opportunities.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications Qualifications Required:
Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, software engineering, or related field.
5+ years of progressive work experience in a relevant role.
Proven history of generating innovative and effective solutions.
Excellent interpersonal communication skills to explain complex technical topics in an easily digestible manner.
Years of direct experience in enterprise-level data integrations Qualifications Preferred:
Agile task delivery experience is preferred.
Experience in understanding multiple coding languages including C#, HTML5, CSS3, PHP, HTML, CSS, and Python (3+ Years)
Experience with database platforms, including Microsoft SQL and Oracle (3+ Years)
Experience managing full software development life cycle with a focus on continuous quality improvement.
Experience with Microsoft applications such as PowerBI, PowerAutomate, PowerApps, and Forms. Knowledge / Skills / Abilities:
General: Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills. Strong analytical, organization and collaboration skills. Ability to work well under pressure, handling multiple tasks and balancing multiple objectives, while consistently ensuring the timely completion of priority objectives. Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users. Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to author procedures, knowledgebase articles and proposals. Keen attention to detail. Advance working knowledge and experience with designing in MVC, coding in C#, Visual Studio, and Team Foundation Server. Experience with SQL & Data Management. Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices methodology. Experience with data processing flowcharting techniques. Adheres to and complies with UCO’s shared values and the Office of Information Technology’s Code of Ethics. This position is on-call 24x7x365 and requires the successful candidate to have high-speed internet access to their residence, and maintain a smart phone on which to receive telephone calls, email and SMS messages from servers and authorized OIT personnel. Physical Demands:
Reasonable accommodations (in accordance with ADA requirements) may be made, upon request, to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.