Responsibilities and Duties
The Assistant Director/Learning Specialist Athletics Academic Achievement provides effective academic support as a learning specialist for those selected "at-risk" student-athletes as assigned. Coordinates both the tutor/mentor and study hall programs and relay any and all pertinent information to pertinent staff and coaches. Provides effective academic advising and up-to-date campus information to assigned sports; conducts individual advising appointments with student-athletes who have concerns about their major choices, progress toward degree, grades, or any other aspects that may impede their success toward graduation and NCAA eligibility and APR requirements. Maintains appropriate documentation and academic records to verify compliance with NCAA, Conference and University rules and regulations. Has knowledge of NCAA rules, graduation requirements and general academic regulations. Coordinates and maintains requests for Accessibility & Disability Services (ADS) and learning disability testing and provide the pertinent staff members and Senior Assistant Athletic Director with all information prior to approving any and all testing. Works with the other Learning Specialists in the unit to maintain, and improve where needed, the FFLIP Program and the Learning Specialist manual. Acts as unit supervisor in the absence of Senior Assistant Athletic Director and Director of Athletics Academic Achievement. Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualified candidates must:
- Possess a Bachelor's degree.
- Two years of experience in academic support, preferably in a college athletics setting.
- Knowledge of academic and graduation requirements, NCAA progress towards degree requirements as well as other NCAA rules and regulations.
- Skills include organization, maintaining confidential information, degree planning, assessing and creating study skill development for at-risk student-athletes, ability to collaborate across campus.
- Masters degree in a related field
Executive DivisionPrimary Location:
Main CampusJob Posting:
Jul 16, 2021