Records and Registration Coordinator, Office of the University Registrar Location:
Columbia Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Office of the University Registrar
The role of the Records and Registration Coorindator is to manage the processing of various student records functions, such as special enrollments, adds/drops/withdrawals, revision of records, refund appeals, transfer of divisions, transcript fulfillment and diploma production. This position oversees the responses to telephone calls and email/ Cherwell ticket submission. This staff member serves as a leader for other team members and supervision of student workers, ensuring excellent customer service. This staff member assists with student information and related systems testing as well as process improvement.
- Understands how the team integrates with others to accomplish team objectives
- Reviews, analyzes, and processes information as directed
- Provides solutions to problems in situations that are atypical or infrequently occurring based on practice and existing precedents or procedures
- Impacts the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of the team
- Explains detailed information/ regularly interacts with both internal and external parties
Key Responsibilities of this position include:
-Manage registration and records management (initial enrollment, add/drop, withdrawal, grade changes, revision of records, refund appeals, transcript fulfillment)
- Assists Asst. Registrar with planning work responsibilities for the team to ensure balanced workloads and timely response to customers
- Manage customer service, including overseeing the training of student workers and new staff
- Manages residency for tuition purposes processing and inquiries
- Manages diploma production and distribution
- Serves as first-line for staff questions
-Coordinates problem resolution for student issues with other areas inside the Office of the University Registrar and outside, such as academic advisors, financial aid and cashier's office staff
- Oversees special enrollments, such as the cross-town agreements with Columbia and Stephens colleges, ROTC registrations and field camps
- Assists with student information and other system testing for regular upgrades and maintenance patches (myZou, National Student Clearinghouse, Cherwell, etc.)
Salary Range: $16.50 - $18.00 per hour
GGS Grade: 7
University Title: STUDENT SUPPORT SPECIALIST II
Internal applicants can determine their university title by accessing the Talent Profile tile in myHR.
A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- Demonstrated familiarity with MU records, registration, curriculum management and/or scheduling processes and policies
- Experience in higher education registrar or student records office(s) or in related offices such as academic advising, curriculum management, provost, cashiers, financial aid or admissions
Cover letter and resume highlighting relevant education and experience.
Columbia Missouri Information
Columbia, Mo., is known as an ideal college town, combining small-town comforts, community spirit and low cost of living with big-city culture, activities and resources. Home to nationally renowned public schools and other colleges and educational centers, Columbia is packed with restaurants and entertainment venues and hosts more than a dozen annual cultural festivals.
This position is eligible for University benefits. The University offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental and vision plans, retirement, paid time off, and educational fee discounts. For additional information on University benefits, please visit the Faculty & Staff Benefits website at http://www.umsystem.edu/totalrewards/benefits
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive academic community of faculty, staff and students. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America. For more information, call the Vice Chancellor of Human Resource Services/Affirmative Action officer at 573-882-4256.
To request ADA accommodations, please call the Disability Inclusion and ADA Compliance Manager at 573-884-7278.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: