Posting Number: :
0001086Job Title: :
Full-Time Learning Frameworks InstructorPS Position#: :
00001291Position Status: :
Salary is based on the Lee College Faculty Salary Scale - 9 Month. Initial salary is commensurate with education and related work experience.Classification: :
Learning FrameworksJob Summary/Basic Function: :
Please note – This is a contract position.
This faculty position in the Learning Frameworks Division provides innovative instruction to first-time-in-college students to develop metacognition, critical thinking, and self-regulated learning skills while teaching the psychology of learning, cognition, and motivation. Faculty in Learning Frameworks work as a team and regularly meet for professional development and to ensure program fidelity.
Faculty schedules vary by semester. Candidate may be required to teach daytime, evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit courses.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach Learning Frameworks (student success) courses.
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning, integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged scholars.
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi, outlines, and instructional materials.
- Maintain accurate student records in compliance with Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records Office according to schedule.
- Direct, evaluate, and assess the learning experience of the students in accordance with adopted curricula and approved procedures.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a need.
- Actively participate in the assessment of course and program-level student learning outcomes.
- All faculty members are required to be on campus 35 hours per week and participate in professional development activities, department and college committees, commencement, and other activities as stated in the Faculty Workload and Responsibilities Policy.
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, weekend, summer, online, hybrid, and/or dual credit classes at various campuses.
- Faculty work schedule is dependent on course scheduling at Lee College, as well as dual credit scheduling. Work schedule may include some evening, Friday, and weekend classes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in organizing the training required for teaching this course.
- Work with Counseling to place students correctly within this course.
- Track student progress through the course.
- Handle student issues surrounding this course.
- Meet regularly with Learning Frameworks instructors during the semester to discuss their successes and concerns with the content of the course.
- Participate in campus-related committees as needed.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Excellent college benefits accrue with this full-time position. This is a security-sensitive position. Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender, disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status.Minimum Qualifications: :
Preferred Qualifications: :
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Education, Psychology, or a closely related field OR a Master’s (or higher) degree with eighteen (18) graduate hours in Education, Psychology, or a closely related field
- Must be available to work evenings and weekends as needed
- Previous experience teaching at a community college
- Previous experience teaching Student Success or Learning Frameworks courses at an institute of higher education
- Previous experience teaching metacognitive skills and self-regulation to college students
- Curriculum development
- Ability to supervise part-time faculty and support instructional consistency
- Ability to develop and deliver professional development to faculty
- Ability to design assessments and analyze results to measure learning
Main Campus - Baytown, TXPosting Date::
07/16/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants::
This position requires applicants to attach the following documents: teaching philosophy, resume, cover letter, and copies of transcripts for all completed college work. (Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3) professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of the electronic application process.