Manager, Adult and Community EducationRequisition Number:
The Manager, Adult and Community Education directly manages the overall instructional and administrative operation of the College’s non-credit adult basic education (ABE), high school equivalency (GED/HiSET) programs, and the English as a Second Language (ESL) Institute. This position designs, implements and manages transition programming of DACE’s non-credit students into credit and workforce programs, manages and supports the training and professional development of DACE program faculty, and manages the design and implementation of program and student assessment tools for continuous improvement. Reporting to the Executive Director, DACE, this position also works with other departments at the College in the management of the CCP Cares Network, the PHA Housing Partnership, the Wellness Partners initiative and serves as a resource conduit to students at the College, particularly those in DACE’s non-credit programs.Specific Responsibilities:
· In collaboration with Exec. Director, DACE, provide instructional and administrative leadership to the ABE and High School Equivalency (GED/HiSET) programs and the ESL Institute; develop program design and curriculum, and manage day-to-day operations of the program.Minimum Qualifications:
· In collaboration with Exec. Director, DACE, serve as a point of contact for the division’s adult and community education programs to all internal and external parties.
· Plan and manage program-related activities at the College’s Main Campus, Regional Centers, and partnering community-based organizations (CBO).
· In collaboration with Exec. Director, DACE, develop appropriate program goals, and maintain records of program activities and outcomes for ongoing assessment.
· Develop and maintain the ABE, High School Equivalency (GED/HiSET), and ESL Institute master schedule of classes.
· Manage the selection, placement, and evaluation processes for DACE instructors.
· Collaborate with DACE instructors to identify appropriate curriculum and formative, summative, and standardized assessment tools for adult and community education programs.
· Coordinate and plan (and in some instances, deliver) professional development activities and trainings.
· In collaboration with Exec. Director, DACE, monitor the adult and community education program budgets and expenditures, produce mid-semester budget reports and submit annual budget projections.
· Manage the student recruitment, assessment and registration processes and textbook and instructional material purchase and distribution processes of the adult and community education programs in collaboration with relevant College departments.
· Work with credit and workforce departments at the College to create and implement seamless transition/bridge programming for non-credit students in DACE.
· Implement student-centered initiatives related to success, academic transition, retention and persistence.
· Identify and evaluate new instructional material and technology and recommend needed adjustments for continuous program improvement.
· Assist the Exec. Director, DACE, in the design, development, and management of new non-credit offerings, and establish appropriate program goals and targets.
· Capture, review, analyze and evaluate program data (i.e. registration, enrollment, attendance, completion, student satisfaction, etc.) for annual reporting and planning in collaboration with Exec. Director, DACE.
· Design and implement annual resource fair events and regularly distribute/present community resources targeting the needs of DACE’s non-credit students.
· As appointed by Exec. Director, DACE, serve on relevant internal and external committees.
· In collaboration with Division of Enrollment Management and Strategic Communications, manage the CCP Cares Network.
· In collaboration with the Institute for Community Engagement and Civic Leadership, manage the PHA Housing Partnership in support of Fostering Caring Connections single point of contact program for foster care-involved students.
· In collaboration with other College departments, coordinate the Wellness Partners initiative.
· Improve and increase collaboration and information sharing to students and internal and external stakeholders.
· Deliver quality customer services to both internal and external constituents in a professional helpful and courteous manner
· Other duties as assigned.
· Bachelor’s degree in Education, Adult Education, Higher Education Administration or related field required. Preferred Qualifications:
· Minimum of three (3) years of related work experience required.
· Minimum of two (2) years’ experience supervising staff and/or faculty required.
· Experience managing budgets required.
· Demonstrated knowledge of adult education theory, models, and programs as it pertains to ABE, high school equivalency, and ESL/ELL student populations required.
· Detail-oriented with excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, to effectively interact with people of diverse backgrounds required.
· Ability to work independently and take initiative required.
· Ability to create, implement and monitor systems, procedures, and processes required.
· Exceptional organizational, problem-solving, and planning skills required.
· Ability to collaborate with others required.
· Ability to maintain sensitivity, understanding, and respect for a diverse academic environment, inclusive of students, faculty, and staff of varying social, economic, cultural, ideological, and ethnic backgrounds required.
· Master’s degree in a related field preferred. Any and all degrees must be from a recognized institutional accreditor.Work Location:
· Previous teaching experience preferred.
· Experience in curriculum design and evaluation in an adult education setting preferred.
· Experience utilizing an enterprise-wide information and reporting system required; Banner experience preferred.
· Experience using the Danielson framework for teaching in the classroom and/or as an instructional evaluation tool preferred.
· Experience working in a collective bargaining environment with collective bargaining agreements preferred.
· Bilingual language skills preferred.
Main CampusSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Interested persons should complete an online application Salary Grade or Rank:
Cover letter of interest and resume REQUIRED
*Names and contact information of 3 professional references OPTIONAL
Review of applications will commence on August 5, 2021 and will continue until the position is filled.
Applicants must be legally eligible to work in the U.S. Community College of Philadelphia is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity, and Equal Access Employer. The College encourages applications from individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups.
Salary is commensurate with relevant experienceJob Posting Open Date:
07/15/2021Type of Position:
AdministratorEmployment Status :