Job SummaryJOB SUMMARY:
Positions at this level are responsible for performing a variety of entry-level skilled trade duties related to routine maintenance repair, electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, HVAC, grounds, and other related tasks. Responsibilities
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:Electrical: Replace existing receptacles and lamps, re-lamp campus exterior and interior lighting, including changing out electric motors.Plumbing: Maintain commercial toilets and urinal in good working order. Open clogged drains with plumber’s snake, plunger, and/or drain rod. May make minor repairs on drinking fountains as needed. Carpentry: Construct, install, and modify building wood/metal partitions, drop ceilings, bulletin boards, assembles furniture, window frames and door shelving, minor locksmith and lock repair and repairs roofs. Install white boards, patch walls, adjust and re-install shower doors, and adjust entry doors. Painting: Apply paint or varnish with a brush, roller, and/or spray gun to surfaces (e.g. classrooms, furniture, bathroom walls, bleachers, and picnic tables); fill cracks/holes in walls with plaster or spackling paste and patches/repairs sheet-rock walls. HVAC: Perform routine inspection and cleaning on major equipment, perform minor repairs under supervision, changes filters, and perform normal preventive maintenance on equipment. Greasing, changing and adjusting belts; adjust motors and cleaning coils. Grounds: Perform a variety of grounds-keeping tasks including seeding, maintaining lawns, applying fertilizer, landscaping activities, planting trees, flowers and shrubs, raking leaves, prune and trim trees, mow lawns, and preventive maintenance. Custodial: May assist with custodial duties as needed
Perform basic maintenance and repair activities in electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and HVAC. Complete work orders: perform the necessary calculations to estimate materials/supplies needed to complete/repair the problem. Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
Perform basic troubleshooting procedures to identify defective machinery and equipment. Identify parts, materials, and tools required, visually inspects various work areas to identify and detect problem areas in need of repair. Operate a variety of hand tools, power tools, and equipment in the process of completing assignments.
Record time spent for activities completed on work orders and PM's. Estimate project material needs. Operate small equipment. Drive vans and large trucks not requiring CDL.
Perform other duties commensurate with the functions and level of the position to include participating in committee assignments and the recruitment and retention of students.Qualifications
EDUCATION: Focused training and demonstrated knowledge, skills, and abilities
EXPERIENCE: Three (3) years of applicable experience
SPECIAL POSITION CONDITIONS: Must have or be able to obtain an Arizona Driver’s License and be insurable to drive college vehicles. Will be required to be on-call as a member of a 7x24x365 facilities operations team.
SALARY: Entry salary is $16.58 - $17.57 per hour (Dependent upon experience)
DEADLINE: July 29, 2021
Applications must include the following documents to be considered:
Cover Letter (Letter of Interest)Resume or Curriculum VitaeThe background verification level for this position is: Basic level + Driver's License. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Central Arizona College (the College) is committed to provide equal employment opportunity in decisions involving hiring, evaluation, promotion, advancement and discipline, and educational opportunity to all applicants and employees. The College will hire without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, national origin, military status, genetic test information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.
- Knowledge of minor mechanical, plumbing and electrical equipment, maintenance and plumbing activities.
- Knowledge of methods and techniques in building maintenance and repair.
- Ability to use grinders, saws, drills, etc.
- Knowledge of methods and procedures used to estimate materials and tools needed to complete a task.
- Knowledge of current DOT highway safety laws and practices pertaining to the operation of the College vans, trucks and buses on public roadways.
- Minor mechanical, plumbing and electrical repair/maintenance and painting skills.
- Ability to perform heavy manual labor in performing maintenance and repair tasks.
- Ability to operate a variety of equipment common to mechanical maintenance of facilities.
- Must be able to drive a vehicle and have or be willing to obtain a valid Arizona Commercial Driver's License.
- Skill in communication, interpersonal skills as applied to interaction with college administrators, faculty, staff, and students.
- Ability to work independently as a team in completing tasks.