Overview and Responsibilities
This Administrative Assistant position is the lead support position for Institutional Advancement, CVTC Foundation, Inc., Alumni Association, and the college administrative offices. This position reports to the Executive Director of Institutional Advancement.
- Scholarship coordination.
- Complete all aspects of clerical administration for scholarship award process in software system including scheduling deadlines, maintaining scholarship calendar, and documenting processes and activities.
- Maintain positive relationships with donors, students, and employees in promotion of CVTC Foundation and student scholarships.
- Provide support, direction, and general information to students, employees, and donors regarding scholarships.
- Provide scholarship information to Student Central and stakeholders (e.g., high schools and College Specialists).
- Provide scholarship support for Annual Gifts Officer.
- Institutional Advancement office support.
- Provide all aspects of lead office support for Institutional Advancement to include, but not limited to, answering phone and email inquiries, scheduling appointments, filing, processing mail, and assisting walk-in customers.
- Provide office support to Executive Director, including scheduling, project execution, marketing project management, etc.
- Support Advancement Services Specialist as a backup for processing Student Emergency Fund requests.
- Create templates (e.g., correspondence, solicitation, marketing, etc.) for Advancement, process gifts-in-kind paperwork, and manage correspondence.
- Provide Banner (ERP system) expertise for information management such as alumni or donor contacts.
- Coordinate intern schedules and activities.
- Inventory and order swag, office supplies, board gifts, staff/faculty in-service gifts, and marketing materials.
- Advancement communication support.
- Prepare all donor recognition correspondence in a timely manner (e.g., thank you letters).
- Prepare annual scholarship renewal and stewardship letters and run data reports for all mailings.
- Create and maintain mailing lists for Foundation, Advancement, and alumni correspondence.
- Update marketing materials.
- Schedule and publish social media posts.
- Monitor forms/communication from web pages.
- Update internal and external web pages.
- Ensures documents comply with accessibility standards.
- Support CVTC Foundation, Inc., Foundation Board of Directors, Alumni Association Board of Directors, and related committees.
- Primary support for administrative functions.
- Maintain annual calendar and contact information for boards.
- Coordinate scheduling of rooms and catering for board and committee meetings.
- Complete minutes for board and committee meetings in a timely manner.
- Administrative Offices reception.
- Assist with first point of contact for walk-ins, welcoming students and the general public and directing them to the appropriate department as needed.
- Assist with reception duties for the College’s Administrative Offices, RCU Community Center, President’s Conference Room.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Proficiency in general office policies and procedures.
- Ability to work effectively independently as well as in a team environment.
- Ability to use judgment, discretion, and decision-making skills in dealing with confidential and sensitive issues.
- Attention to detail and the ability to organize materials and set priorities.
- Ability to model integrity through self-awareness, personal accountability, ethical behavior, quality standards, and sustainable practices.
- Ability to think critically by applying problem-solving practices, acquiring relevant information, using technology and other resources appropriately, and evaluating alternatives.
- Ability to communicate effectively by speaking and writing clearly, concisely, and professionally; practicing active listening; reading critically; and adapting communication for audience.
- Ability to value diversity by recognizing personal biases, adapting to culturally diverse situations, and demonstrating a commitment to equity, inclusion, and respectful interactions with persons of diverse ethnic, cultural, social-economic, and educational backgrounds.
- Advanced knowledge of and skills with technology, including software programs for communication, data collection/management, and decision making, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Outlook, Word, and Excel, scholarship software, Banner Advancement, and other customer relationship management systems.
- Associate’s degree in Executive Assistant, Business Management, Communications, or related field.
- Minimum of two years of occupational experience in a professional office setting.
- Experience with social media preferred.
- Experience with nonprofit and boards preferred.
- Experience with donor management systems preferred.
In evaluating candidates for this position, the College may consider a combination of education, training, and experience which provides the necessary knowledge, skills and abilities to perform duties of position.As an equal opportunity/access employer and educator, CVTC is committed to creating and sustaining a diverse and inclusive environment. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Health insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents with attached Health Savings Account (HSA) and wellness incentive
- Dental insurance for employee, spouse, and dependents
- Life and long-term disability insurance
- Wisconsin Retirement System (WRS)
- 403(b) tax deferred annuity program
- 457(b) deferred compensation plan
- Section 125 flexible spending accounts
- Paid vacation, personal, and sick time
- Paid holidays
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Tuition reimbursement (eligibility requirements apply)
- Professional development
Generally, with the exception of tuition reimbursement, benefits eligibility begins on the first date of employment (i.e., there is no waiting period).
CVTC does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, disability, or age in its programs and activities. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding the college's non-discrimination policies: Director of Human Resources, 620 W. Clairemont Avenue, Eau Claire, WI 54701, 715-833-6334, WI Relay: 711