Administrative Assistant, PhilosophyPosition Type:
20171046Full or Part Time:
Full TimeEmployee Status :
RegularJob Description Summary:
Provide administrative support to the program director, faculty, and students. Manage program office and oversee workflow. Works closely with campus constituents to ensure smooth coordination of communications, scheduling, and task management. Assist with faculty recruitment and hiring processes. Monitor budgets, process purchase requests and reimbursements, and track faculty/student travel. Provide excellent customer service and serve as the point of contact for students, faculty, and visitors. Assist with accreditation, program review, and assessment activities and reports. Assist faculty with student hiring processes and training. Coordinate event and meeting logistics including AV, catering, invitations, travel arrangements, and serve as a backup as needed. Work closely with the Dean’s office and lab technicians to maintain shipping and receiving information. Support events hosted by the college. Assist the Leadership Cabinet with special requests and projects. Generate and obtain data as requested. This position will also work closely with the Dean’s office and perform other duties as assigned. Responsibilities:
Academic Administrative Support
Monitor class schedule, advisement, and registration process
- Proactively manage correspondence, calendars, and scheduling requests. Notify appropriate offices of program-related events.
- Keep Directors and faculty apprised of upcoming deadlines and urgent requests. Initiate and/or remind of follow-up actions as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service and serve as a point of contact for students, faculty, and visitors; answer phones, greet visitors, respond to requests for information and assistance, refer individuals to appropriate university offices as needed.
- Schedule meetings, take and publish minutes. Coordinate meeting and event logistics including invitations, supporting materials, AV equipment, catering, room arrangements, etc.
- Gather, compile and report data as requested.
- Set-up and maintain electronic databases including student and alumni records.
- Monitor budgets, process purchase requests, and reimbursements reconcile PCard activities. Confirm receipt of purchased items and obtain invoices as needed.
- Assist with faculty hiring processes and orient new faculty to University. Generate and track part-time lecturer and overload contracts.
- Provide support for enterprise systems such as PeopleSoft, PeopleAdmin, Concur, 25Live, etc.
- Hire, train and supervise student workers. Provide student hiring support to faculty. · Prepare, input, and maintain class schedules, textbooks and catalog copy.
- Track current students in the program majors.
- Track and maintain program faculty loads.
- Track applicants in the majors and undeclared majors.
- Prepare applications, compile paperwork and data for accreditation, assessment, and program reviews.
- Provide support for student recruitment activities including the Panther for a Day program, events, open houses, and marketing campaigns.
Coordinate special events, meetings, and projects
- Assist director with timely completion of class schedule process within the classroom allocations.
- Assist faculty and students with scheduling advisement appointments and input advisor assignments in PeopleSoft .
- Assist with the hiring process for part-time faculty and process teaching contracts including overload contracts. ·
- Monitor class registration status and apprise director.
- Process course evaluations.
- Assist faculty with Web Advisor access, section rosters and grade rosters as well as textbook information.
- Plan social functions including announcements, calendaring room and food/beverage arrangements.
- Schedule meetings and take minutes as requested.
- Assist faculty with special projects.
- As a member of the college staff team, assist with college-wide and program activities
- Perform Other Duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- A minimum of two years of demonstrated professional administrative support experience preferably in higher education.
- Demonstrate effective, clear, and businesslike written and oral communications – including solid editing, proofreading skills.
- Ability to comprehend a process and/or procedure and take a given task from beginning to completion.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Ensure accuracy in the preparation of written materials, including emails, letters, presentations, and correspondence.
- Experience in meeting/event coordination.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with diverse groups and individuals at all organizational levels, both inside and outside of the University.
- Ability to use tact, diplomacy and maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Proven ability to reason, prioritize, problem solve, and communicate logically.
- Strong organizational skills to maintain office files, schedule, calendar, and coordinate logistics for meetings and special events, including publications, media services, and catering.
- Experience using standard office equipment such as copier, fax, and calculator.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Technical skills to learn and use enterprise systems and departmental tools.
- Excellent computer skills in word processing, excel spreadsheets, Internet, and electronic mail with the ability to set up and maintain a database
- Working knowledge of PeopleSoft.