Program Coordinator, Bechtel International Center
Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University has an immediate opening for a full-time fixed term Program Coordinator for Bechtel International Center (2-Year Fixed-Term with the possibility of renewal). This position will provide administrative and operational support to Bechtel International Center, faculty, staff, and students.
Plan and execute Bechtel International Center events, such as orientations, receptions and other international student-related events: 1) managing and organizing student and scholar orientations; 2) design and manage the logistical arrangements for organizing lectures, and outreach activities, 3) carry out the communication strategy involving print and online media; 4) supervise student staff and volunteers and work with international student groups and community volunteer groups; 5)approve funding for student groups; 6) provide administrative or operational support and; 7) manage room reservations.
The Program Coordinator will complete the work assignments with minimal supervision, and have the ability to prioritize, organize, and complete tasks effectively and in a timely manner. The role requires flexibility, accountability, enthusiasm, and strong problem-solving skills. About our Organization
Bechtel International Center is part of Student and Academic Services (SAS), an organization that works to ensure student success, equity of access, and the integrity of a Stanford education, which is within the Division of Student Affairs. We seek candidates who can support the vision of a new office, work to help establish a new outlook, mission and values, and support Our Most Important Work.
Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford's commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Design, plan, implement, and coordinate customized events.
- Evaluate and select vendors and providers of services considering stakeholder requests and requirements.
- Serve as a member of an events team, and contribute in a wide variety of functional areas including decisions around budget allocation, event logistics and facilities.
- Consult with stakeholders to determine objectives and requirements.
- Inspect event facilities to ensure they conform to the event needs.
- Manage accounting operations relating to registration, including daily accounting procedures and reports, final monetary summaries, and/or account transfers.
- May serve as project leader on smaller scale events, coordinating teams that plan, implement, and manage all aspects of events or manage program elements of larger scale events.
- Develop a variety of communication pieces, and maintain programming schedule and communications on website
- Utilize and/or maintain complex databases. May use specialized event planning software.
- May inspect event facilities for maintenance, janitorial and fire safety issues.
In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Associate degree and three years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated success planning events.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to establish priorities, manage shifting priorities, and handle numerous time-sensitive projects with multiple deadlines.
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving skills, taking initiative, judgment, and decision-making skills.
- Ability to accomplish goals working through formal and informal channels, with diplomacy and tactfulness.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, time management, and customer service skills. Must be well organized and detail-oriented.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite and other online documents, such as Google Docs.
- Ability to interact and successfully collaborate with a broad spectrum of contributing groups and customers.
- Experience working with undergraduate students
Certifications and Licenses:
- Excellent organizational skills including an ability to oversee a wide variety of activities, to define pitfalls, to propose and implement effective solutions, while being able to set and re-adjust often competing priorities.
- Excellent writing skills
- High level of energy, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
Valid Non-Commercial Class California Driver's License. Working Conditions:
Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.Why Stanford is for You
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency