Facilities Team Lead, STA
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.Location
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060. Job Summary
Responsible for managing the day-to-day event operations for the Student Recreation and Activities Center (SRAC) and Student Recreation and Wellness Center (RWC). This will include facility reservations, operating supplies, payroll, and management of student staff. Responsibilities
1. Reports to and works collaboratively with the Senior Coordinator of Facilities & Events
2. Assist in providing leadership in the areas of program/services, registrations, facility reservations, customer service and event management
3. Aids in hiring, managing, training, supervising, and evaluating approximately 100 student facility operations staff
4. Produces and reviews appropriate reports and forms including but not limited to Shift Reports, Tender Reports, Facility Work Orders and Accident Reports
5. Responsible for the set-up and execution of all meetings and special events that take place in the SRAC and RWC
6. Responsible for reviewing, processing, scheduling, and confirming facility reservations annually and placing confirmed events in the university's facility scheduling system, Event Management System (EMS)
7. Assists in the creation and monitoring of the Sports & Recreation Facility Operations budget in the areas of student wages, operational supplies, revenue, etc.
8. Debrief and document large scale events with user groups for the SRAC and RWC Required Qualifications MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in Recreation, Sports Management, Physical Education, or a related fieldMINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Two (2) years collegiate recreation facility operations experienceMINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW AND/OR INSTITUTION:
Possess or eligibility to obtain and maintain CPR/AED/First Aid within forty-five (45) days of hire Preferred Qualifications
Strong communication and customer service skills
Ability to collaboratively work with students, faculty, staff, and the community Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Experience utilizing Fusion and/or other recreation management software,
Able to handle multiple tasks or projects at one-time meeting assigned deadlines
Able to work with a diverse group
Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem-solving, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management, and presentation skills
Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e., Microsoft Office suite)
Motivated, enthusiastic, and attentive to detail
Strong attention to detail and follow up skills
Strong customer service skills and phone and e-mail etiquette
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
Per the University System of Georgia background check policy, all final candidates will be required to consent to a criminal background investigation. Final candidates may be asked to disclose criminal record history during the initial screening process and prior to a conditional offer of employment. Applicants for positions of trust with screening results which confirm a disqualifying criminal history will be immediately disqualified from employment eligibility.
All applicants are required to include professional references as part of their application process. Some positions may require additional job-based screenings such as motor vehicle report, credit check, pre-employment drug screening and/or verification of academic credentials.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=229980&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency