Biodesign Program and Communications Assistant
Stanford, California, United States
The Stanford Byers Center for Biodesign
in the School of Medicine provides medical technology innovation training to teams of doctors, engineers and business students who identify a medical need, develop an invention to fill it, and create a plan for bringing the technology forward into patient care. Our mission is to train students, fellows and faculty in the Biodesign Process: a systematic approach to needs finding and the invention and implementation of new biomedical technologies.
We are seeking a Program and Communications Assistant (AA2) to provide administrative and operational support working under general supervision. The Center for Biodesign Program and Communications Assistant interacts with all levels of faculty, biodesign industry leaders, trainees and staff and often sets the first impression of the Biodesign Center. Biodesign team members work cooperatively, supporting each other to ensure programs and events are successful.
The Program and Communications Assistant reports to the Director of Operations and Finance and provides a full range of administrative and operational support to the Biodesign Program, with emphasis and responsibility for administrative and operational functions. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: 1) communications support including website maintenance, social media presence and stories and articles; 2) event management for internal and external stakeholders including logistics and vendor relationships; 3) general office support including collateral creation, maintaining supply inventories and managing phones, mail and e-mail; 4) take photographs/videos at Center events. Edit photos and organize and maintain photo library.Duties include:
- Welcome visitors and direct them as appropriate, responding to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures including initiating, documenting and enforcing office procedures, protocol and process.
- Perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating conferences, seminars, and events, including recommending vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, coordinating logistics, and serving as liaison with internal and external vendors. Participate in event cost tracking and budget management.
- Handle day to day operations responsibilities such as mail, packages and deliveries
- Draft and/or generate routine communications; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, conference and seminar materials, brochures, thank-you letters, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, serve as back-up for other AAs in the unit.
- Process and monitor routine financial transactions, which may include researching and resolving discrepancies, creating POs,, processing expense reimbursements and account reconciliation.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; including tracking and assuring inventory is available, scheduling repairs for equipment as needed. Additionally, oversee kitchen supplies and snacks.
- May serve as the point of contact for general maintenance, health and safety, emergency contact and other facility concerns; report any incidents or potential safety problems to appropriate representatives. Track completion of required emergency procedure training for Center.
- Maintain approved content on websites, recommend enhancements based on analysis of website use. Create and post social media communications on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.
- May perform human resources support including on and off-boarding fellows, visiting global faculty and staff.
* Other duties may also be assignedDESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Experience with or interest in photo editing and/or video production
- Familiarity with social media publishing platforms a plus
- Experience with website maintenance a plus
- Interest in or experience with events or program management
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORK STANDARDS:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency