Human Resources Administrator
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University School of Medicine is world renowned for leading edge education, research, patient care and medical advancements. The Department of Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is looking for a self-starter to join its dynamic, collaborative HR & Operations Team. EPS is seeking a Human Resources Administrator to provide human resources administrative support under the direct supervision of the Assistant HR Manager. This position will act as the first point of contact for most human resources inquiries, and serve as a resource to staff and faculty on human resources and operations policies, procedures, and practices.Duties include:
* - Other duties may also be assigned DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Serve as a resource on human resources issues, effectively communicate human resources policies, and explain human resources processes and procedures. Resolve basic issues as appropriate. Refer other issues to human resources manager/director or supervisor for resolution.
- Coordinate the recruitment process, including job postings, interview scheduling, and applicant disposition with hiring managers, human resources staff, and/or supervisors.
- Support and coordinate employment activities (transactions and documentation). Assist in onboarding and exit process of staff.
- Coordinate and/or perform HRIS data management activities, including initiating transactions and running reports for compliance, audit, and metrics purposes. Ensure data integrity, and serve as primary contact for identifying and resolving pay issues.
- Perform time and leave administration duties and input data to financial system.
- Maintain personnel and human resources related files.
- Provide general administrative and operations support for human resources staff
Experience with Stanford University policies and procedures, or previous experience in an academic or healthcare setting
Bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience preferredEDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Associate degree and two years of relevant experience, or a combination of education and relevant experience.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Ability to learn and apply general human resources policies using problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle highly sensitive and personal information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
- Ability to consistently follow through with projects and assignments and meet deadlines.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with human resource management systems, such as PeopleSoft and time/leave systems.
- Experience using email and internet.
About Educational Programs and Services
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Educational Programs and Services (EPS) is home to departments and programs that are central to the educational mission of the School of Medicine. We serve all populations of students and trainees who participate in the School's programs: Stanford MD, MS, and PhD students; visiting MD students seeking clinical clerkships; postdoctoral scholars and medical fellows; and medical practitioners seeking further professional enrichment. Our goal is to provide a Stanford School of Medicine experience worthy of our students' and trainees' talents, aspirations, and dedication.About Stanford University
Stanford University, located between San Francisco and San Jose in the heart of California's Silicon Valley, is one of the world's leading teaching and research universities. Since its opening in 1891, Stanford has been dedicated to finding solutions to big challenges and to preparing students for leadership in a complex world.
Supporting that mission is a staff of more than 10,000 which is rooted in a culture of excellence and values innovation, collaboration, and life-long learning. To foster the talents and aspirations of our staff, Stanford offers career development programs, competitive pay that reflects market trends and benefits that increase financial stability to promote health, fulfilling lives. An award-winning employer, Stanford offers an exceptional setting for professionals looking to advance their careers.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency