Life Science Research Professional 1
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University is seeking a Life Science Research Professional 1 to perform basic laboratory functions and activities and independently conduct and analyze experiments. This position will support various projects using QBC and CODEX technology in developed by the Nolan lab. Typical experiments will involve cellular protein staining and RNA analysis for the QBC system, development and tissue sectioning, staining and running CODEX multidimensional staining protocols, antibody conjugation, and operating robotic setups. The LSRP1 will also contribute to the writing of grants and manuscripts related to their project, and is expected to keep a detailed and accurate lab notebook of their results.Duties include:
- Plan approach to experiments in support of research projects in lab and/or field based on knowledge of scientific theory.
- Independently conduct experiments; maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- Apply the theories and methods of a life science discipline to interpret and perform analyses of experiment results; offer suggestions regarding modifications to procedures and protocols in collaboration with senior researcher.
- Review literature on an ongoing basis to remain current with new procedures and apply learnings to related research.
- Contribute to publication of findings as needed. Participate in the preparation of written documents, including procedures, presentations, and proposals.
- Help with general lab maintenance as needed; maintain lab stock, manage chemical inventory and safety records, and provide general lab support as needed.
- Assist with orientation and training of new staff or students on lab procedures or techniques.
*- Other duties may also be assigned.DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Bachelor's degree in Biology, Biochemistry, Bioengineering, Biophysics, or a related discipline.
Prior experience with RNA-seq, single-cell mass cytometry, fluorescence-based flow cytometry, characterization of cell lines. Excellent laboratory management skills and knowledge of the full range of genomic, proteomic, biochemical and immunohistochemical laboratory techniques.
Familiarity with and adherence to laboratory safety best-practices and Stanford University Health and Safety policies and regulations.
Working closely on a team as a member and as a leader on specific research projects is essential, sharing data, training colleagues and trainees in new techniques and protocols, documenting research protocols and results and recording and analyzing data is key.
The candidate will also assist with preparation of data, figures and reporting for manuscripts, progress reports and grant submissions: Proficiency in English and strong writing skills are desired.EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
Bachelor's degree in related scientific field.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- General understanding of scientific principles. Demonstrated performance to use knowledge and skills when needed.
- Demonstrated ability to apply theoretical knowledge of science principals to problem solve work.
- Ability to maintain detailed records of experiments and outcomes.
- General computer skills and ability to quickly learn and master computer programs, databases, and scientific applications.
- Ability to work under deadlines with general guidance.
- Excellent organizational skills and demonstrated ability to accurately complete detailed work.
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand, lift, carry, push and pull objects weighing over 40 pounds.
- Occasionally sit, kneel, crawl, reach and work above shoulders, sort and file paperwork or parts.
- Rarely climb, scrub, sweep, mop, chop and mix or operate hand and foot controls.
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Ability to bend, squat, kneel, stand, reach above shoulder level, and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Ability to lift heavy objects weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to work in a dusty, dirty, and odorous environment.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- May require working in close proximity to blood borne pathogens.
- May require work in an environment where animals are used for teaching and research.
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or infectious diseases are present.
- Employee must perform tasks that require the use of personal protective equipment, such as safety glasses and shoes, protective clothing and gloves, and possibly a respirator.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors bases on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency