Assistant Clinical Research Coordinator (Multiple Studies)
School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
The Stanford Center for Clinical Research
(SCCR) is a growing academic research organization within the Stanford Department of Medicine. Our mission is to advance impactful clinical research through quality operations.
We are seeking several aCRCs to assist with recruiting research participants. SCCR provides infrastructure and research support to clinical research investigators and staff throughout Stanford University.
SCCR, in collaboration with the Department of Medicine and Radiology, is conducting COVID-19 research and also one of the largest, most innovative, longitudinal studies in association with a leading Silicon Valley tech company and multiple high-profile academic partners. SCCR is seeking to hire multiple recruiters to support these exciting studies involving multiple disciplines, including infectious diseases, cardiology, oncology and primary care.
The recruiter will work in a dynamic atmosphere and as part of a large team in a supportive environment. The recruiter will directly interface with patients in a clinical setting across multiple therapeutic areas including, cardiology, oncology, and primary care. As a critical component to the success of the study, the primary responsibility of this role will focus heavily on patient engagement, community outreach and participant retention. This will include assisting with organizing, setup, and staffing of community events to engage with the community about the study goals, process, and criteria. This may include events in the evenings and weekend hours. The recruiter will also interface with clinics and other venues to describe the study to providers and patients. Finally, the aCRC may also assist with scheduling and study assessment responsibilities as back-up for the aCRC team.
The recruiter must be able to multi-task in a high-energy environment, be detail oriented and extremely organized. The recruiter will be self-motivated, team-oriented, and must have masterful communication skills that allow high-level interactions with a diverse academic and medical community. A friendly, approachable and welcoming demeanor toward potential participants and ability to foster positive working relationships with clinic staff is required in a successful candidate. The recruiter will be responsible for ensuring compliance with federal, state, local, and sponsor regulations and work under the direction of their supervisor.Duties include:
*- The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned. DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Schedule and/or call subjects for appointments; contact participants with reminders or other requirements.
- Perform clerical duties in the preparation of regulatory documents. Maintain all forms and documents, including consent forms and master subject logs. File all appropriate correspondence.
- Assist with the screening, recruiting, and obtaining consent of study participants. Review medical records and/or perform telephone or in-person interviews to gather data, as needed.
- Administer standard study questionnaires and tests, score test measurements and questionnaires, and code data for computer entry. Perform quantitative review of forms, tests, and other measurements for completeness and accuracy.
- Extract data from source documents for research studies as directed. Collect data and complete case report forms.
- Order and maintain equipment and supplies.
- Process study compensation payments and thank you letters to subjects upon completion of trial activities. Assist with post-study activities, as needed.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
- Have at least 1 year of research coordinator experience in either cardiovascular, cancer, primary care or Veterans Affairs research.
- Bilingual (Spanish preferred).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
- Two-year college degree and one year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of experience, education, and training.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- General knowledge of medical terminology.
- Working toward certification(s) to perform basic patient measurements and tests, such as phlebotomy and EKG.
*- Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat and use fine light/fine grasping.
- Occasionally sit, reach above shoulders, perform desk based computer tasks, use a telephone and write by hand, lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh up to 40 pounds.
- Rarely kneel, crawl, climb ladders, grasp forcefully, sort and file paperwork or parts, rarely lift, carry, push, and pull objects that weigh 40 pounds or more.
Additional WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Position may at times require the employee to work with or be in areas where hazardous materials and/or exposure to chemicals, blood, body fluid or tissues and risk of exposure to contagious diseases and infections.
- May require extended or unusual work hours based on research requirements and business needs.
- This position requires working in the evenings, weekends, and travelling to events across the Bay Area.
Why Stanford is for You
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu/.
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks
empower you with:
*- Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency