Academic Records and Enrollment Officer
Vice Provost for Student Affairs, Stanford, California, United States
Stanford University has an immediate opening for an Academic Records and Enrollment Officer within the Office of the University Registrar, a dynamic office whose mission is to provide a well-designed experience for students as they navigate their academic journey at Stanford. This position is integral to providing administrative and operational support to faculty, staff, and students on issues relating to enrollment, grading, and determinations on exceptions to academic policy. The Academic Records and Enrollment Officer will help stakeholders navigate complex academic policy, provide regular training to partner offices, as well as leverage technology to improve the user experience of grading and enrollment and streamline administrative processes. We seek a leader with outstanding written and verbal communication skills who will foster strong and collaborative connections with the community of colleagues who support students and faculty on enrollment and grading across campus. We seek candidates who can support the vision, mission and values of the Division of Student Affairs, and support Our Most Important Work.
Inclusion and diversity are integral to Stanford's commitment to excellence. We are interested in candidates who have demonstrated experience engaging with diversity through activities such as fostering an inclusive environment, working with students and staff from diverse backgrounds, or incorporating diverse perspectives in their work.In this role, you will:
To be successful in this role, you will bring:
- Oversee the operations of enrollment and grading on behalf of the university. Routinely look for policy, tool, and process improvement opportunities to meet the evolving enrollment and grading needs of campus. Analyze, research, manage, and test implementation of changes.
- Enforce enrollment and grading policies and answer questions from students, staff, and instructors; update websites as necessary. Troubleshoot issues relating to enrollment and grading.
- Manage the review and processing of enrollment transactions: petitions for exceptions to academic policy and non-matriculated enrollment requests. Make determinations on exceptions to university and academic policy; help students navigate policy and advise on options.
- Manage and run routine grade processes each quarter: repeat, incomplete, and continuation grades. Help process and enter grades that can no longer be entered by instructors.
- Lead team's involvement in collaborative eForms project. Represent and advocate for the team's needs by drafting form requirements, setting priorities, testing beta forms, and presenting changes to campus stakeholders. Work with the development team to increase automation of enrollment processes.
- Serve as enrollment liaison to student-facing offices and units that enroll unique student populations. Bolster staff knowledge through regular training. Train staff on changes stemming from automation and process improvements. Address questions on Records' processes and make amendments to procedure to accommodate feedback from partner offices.
- Identify grading reporting needs and create report requirements that aid with quarterly degree clearance activities as well as surface improper use of grade notations. Work with stakeholders across campus to improve working knowledge of grade policy and proper use of various notations. Leverage reports to identify and correct grading issues that may interfere with degree clearance.
- Collaborate with others to help resolve program issues and concerns, interpret policies, and mediate complex and sensitive issues.
- Resolve multi-dimensional matters in response to students in crisis, at risk, or who have other program issues, counsel students on sensitive and confidential issues.
- Provide guidance and counsel, oversee and develop a wide range of programs and services, analyze effectiveness and make recommendations for future programs.
- Serve as liaison to partner offices to increase synergy and collaboration and leverage experience to surface and implement process and procedure improvements.
- A bachelor's degree and two years of relevant experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of academic support and policy interpretation.
- Ability to organize and respond to diverse inquiries from diverse contingencies.
- Strong and proactive customer service skills.
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects.
- Ability to work independently and in collaborative teams.
- Ability to work in a high volume, production environment.
- Detail oriented with ability to organize large volumes of data.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Advanced computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Box, and Google Drive.
- Ability to ensure and apply compliance with legal, financial, and university policies and external regulations.
- In addition, preferred requirements include:
- Ability to develop strong relationships with partner offices and stakeholders in a professional and productive manner.
- Excellent organizational skills including an ability to oversee a wide variety of activities, to define pitfalls, to propose and implement effective solutions, while being able to set and re-adjust often competing priorities.
- Experience with the change management process.
- High level of energy, flexibility, and the ability to work independently.
Able to work evenings and weekends, as needed.How to Apply:
We invite you to apply for this position, please submit your resume and a one-page cover letter along with your online application.Why Stanford is for You:
Imagine a world without search engines or social platforms. Consider lives saved through first-ever organ transplants and research to cure illnesses. Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with:
- Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
- A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
- A healthier you. Climb our rock wall, or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
- Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by lawBusiness Title:
Academic Records and Enrollment OfficerStudent Affairs Unit:
Office of the University Registrar, Student and Academic ServicesPosition Type:
Two Year Fixed TermJob Title:
Student Services Officer 2Job Code:
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2021 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency