Assistant Athletic Trainer, Football
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation:
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) is the premier intercollegiate athletics program in the country. We are the proud Home of Champions! We lead the nation with 128 NCAA championship titles, won the Women's Capital One Cup four of the last five years, and brought home the Learfield Director's Cup for 25 straight years. We also support the university's physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Our dedicated staff embody a culture of excellence, embrace our mission of scholar-athleticism and exemplify a relentless championship spirit. Our actions and staff are guided by the core tenets of the DAPER culture, “The DAPER Way,” which are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage and Work Cohesively.
Are you ready to inspire champions? If yes, then this may be the right opportunity for you!
You will serve as an Athletic Trainer for the Football team within the DAPER athletic training department. You will provide athletic training services to the Stanford University student-athletes. You will communicate regularly with team physicians, coaches, administrators, parents, and support staff responsible for the health, wellbeing, and performance of our student athletes.Your responsibilities include:
To be successful in this role, you will:
- Provide a high-level of athletic training service delivery, including injury and illness prevention, wellness promotion, examination, assessment, diagnosis, immediate and emergency care, therapeutic intervention, and administration of student-athlete healthcare.
- Provide effective written and oral communication between student athletes, coaches, administrators, and team physicians regarding the status and progress of injured student-athletes.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with fellow athletic trainers, sports medicine physicians and clinic staff, sports nutritionists, physical therapist, sports psychologists, and sports performance coaches.
- As appropriate, make timely referrals to team physicians, physical therapists for further assessment, testing, and evaluation.
- Monitor and coordinate care of assigned teams and others as identified by the Director of Athletic Training.
- Provide coverage for on-site and away practices and competitions for football team.
- Provide injury examination, assessment, and diagnosis at home and away venues and in the athletic training room.
- Provide daily injury reports of all encounters with sufficient detail for review by coaches, Director of Athletic Training and team physicians.
- Make participation status and/or return-to-play decisions during practices and competitions.
- Ensure emergency readiness at all sanctioned practices and events. Maintain and practice emergency protocols including CPR, two-way communication, emergency transportation and evacuation, liaison with emergency transport carriers and emergency departments.
- Ensure student-athlete compliance with prescribed treatment guidelines.
- Collaborate frequently with licensed physical therapists regarding the rehabilitation progress and return to play planning of injured student athletes.
- Maintain and upkeep of Athletic Training Center and satellite facilities as designated.
- Fit appliances, braces and devices for control of joint motion and limb protection.
- Assure confidentiality of student-athlete medical records.
- Supervise and mentor advanced post-graduate athletic trainers, and athletic training students.
- Assist with the coordination of Pre-Participation examinations.
- Provide leadership in administrative areas, as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training.
- Maintain a safe environment for the student-athlete at home venues including preparation of the venue, hydration, field supplies, preparation for emergency care and evacuation, attention to injury prevention, general safety and environmental concerns.
- Develop competency with training and adherence to appropriate regulatory requirements (HIPAA, blood borne pathogens, annual immunizations, etc.)
- Assist in planning and organization of staff development opportunities, including in-services and continuing education with colleagues and other relevant personnel.
- Travel, evening and weekend work is expected.
- Adherence to all policies and procedures as identified by the Department of Athletics and Stanford Sports Medicine.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Director of Athletic Training.
- Be currently NATABOC certified
- Hold a master's degree in Athletic Training or related field
- Have 3 years post master's experience as a Certified Athletic Trainer at the college or university level
- Possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Hold current CPR, First Aid, and AED certification, or ability to obtain by start date.
- Valid California non-commercial class driver's license
- Ability to work long hours with irregular schedules.
- Ability to engage in physically demanding, manual tasks.
- Experience working with high caliber athletes highly preferred.
- 3-4 years post master's experience as certified athletic trainer at the college or university level.
- Direct experience with football
This position, along with all DAPER coaches and staff, is responsible for the integrity of Stanford's intercollegiate athletics program and for the reputation of Stanford University. This position is responsible for ensuring that his/her/their involvement with Athletics Department activities maintains the integrity of the University's reputation and does not negatively impact the relationship between the University and its faculty, staff, students and alumni. Additionally, this position must comply with University policies and procedures, NCAA and Pac-12 rules and regulations.Why Stanford is for you:
Stanford University has revolutionized the way we live and enrich the world. Supporting this mission is our diverse and dedicated 17,000 staff. We seek talent driven to impact the future of our legacy. Our culture and unique perks empower you with: Freedom to grow. We offer career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or global leader speak.
A caring culture. We provide superb retirement plans, generous time-off, and family care resources.
A healthier you. Climb our rock wall or choose from hundreds of health or fitness classes at our world-class exercise facilities. We also provide excellent health care benefits.
Discovery and fun. Stroll through historic sculptures, trails, and museums.
Enviable resources. Enjoy free commuter programs, ridesharing incentives, discounts and more!
* The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
*Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his/her/their job.
*Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Athletics, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency