Social Media Manager
Stanford's Graduate School of Business
has built a global reputation based on its immersive and innovative management programs. We provide students a transformative leadership experience, pushing the boundaries of knowledge with faculty research, and offering a portfolio of entrepreneurial and non-degree programs that deliver global impact like no other. We are committed to advancing diversity, equity, and inclusion
in service of our mission of developing innovative, principled, and insightful leaders who change lives, change organizations, and change the world. We invite you to be part of this mission.
We're looking for a Social Media Manager to join our Communications and Marketing team who can oversee the Stanford Graduate School of Business social media presence, and produce content for a variety of platforms and channels. In this role, you will work closely with others to develop and execute social media efforts to support our overall communications strategy. You will oversee and assist with the day-to-day operations of our social media channels. You will also develop, implement, and execute marketing programs that support school initiatives.
You will have experience managing social media communities and channels. In addition, you will be organized and have excellent judgement and the ability to understand complex and varied audience perspectives.Your primary responsibilities include:
To be successful in this position, you will bring:
- Lead digital audience engagement; responsible for ownership and daily management of multiple social channels, including monitoring community comments and feedback
- Work collaboratively with other teams to define, launch, and manage integrated communications campaigns.
- Attend events and produce live social media content, including photography at events and on campus to capture daily life and or special milestone events.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels.
- Managing the creation of platform/channel-appropriate content, including the writing and production of social stories, videos, photo essays, takeovers and more; Work with contractors or agencies as needed.
- Oversee content and communications plans to meet business objectives, including collaboration with internal stakeholders and vendor partners.
- Analyze reach and engagement metrics to continually improve the social media program. Assess market opportunities and track market trends. Recommend improvements based on findings.
Why Stanford is for You
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience; or a combination of education and relevant experience.
- Knowledge of the web, technology, social platforms, current and future trends.
- Excellent social media management and writing skills
- Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills. Ability to interact effectively with senior staff and other members of the academic community.
- Experience with project management and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and on a daily basis.
- Photography expertise is strongly desired.
Stanford's dedicated 16,000 staff come from diverse educational and career backgrounds. We are a collaborative environment that thrives on innovation and continuous improvement. At Stanford, we seek talent committed to excellence, driven to impact the future of our legacy, and improve lives on a global sphere. We provide competitive salaries, excellent health care and retirement plans, and a generous vacation policy, including additional time off during our winter closure. Our generous perks align with what matters to you:
- Freedom to grow. Take advantage of career development programs, tuition reimbursement, or audit a course. Join a TedTalk, film screening, or listen to a renowned author or leader discuss global issues.
- A caring culture. We understand the importance of your personal and family time and provide you access to wellness programs, child-care resources, parent education and consultation, elder care and caregiving support.
- A healthier you. We make wellness a priority by providing access to world-class exercise facilities. Climb our rock wall, or participate in one of hundreds of health or fitness classes.
- Discovery and fun. Visit campus gardens, trails, and museums.
- Enviable resources. We offer free commuter programs and ridesharing incentives. Enjoy discounts for computers, cell phones, recreation, travel, entertainment, and more!
We pride ourselves in being a culture that encourages and empowers you.How to Apply
We invite you to apply for this position by clicking on the “Apply for Job” button. To be considered, please submit a cover letter and resume along with your online application.The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Graduate School of Business, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency