:Part-time Athletic Department Support Specialist, Concessions Opportunity Type
:Part-time Position Type
:Student (Part-time) Position Classification
:Non-Exempt Home Department
:Athletic Administration Pay Grade
:C0 Open until filled
Santa Fe College (SF) has been recognized as one of the top-rated community colleges in the United States. Santa Fe College is a comprehensive public college that offers a range of Bachelor’s degrees, Associate in Arts, Associate in Science and Associate in Applied Science degree options, as well as Certificate and Non-Degree programs. Santa Fe College is a student-centered institution with a commitment to open access, academic excellence, and cultural and ethnic diversity. A high quality of life, temperate climate, proximity to the University of Florida, diverse cultural events, and plentiful recreational opportunities make SF and Gainesville an ideal community to work and live.
Compensation: Hourly Rate of $12 as per the Santa Fe College Salary Schedule. Limited to no more than 25 hours per week. Description
Athletics includes Men’s and Women’s Basketball, Baseball, Softball, and Volleyball. The Part-time Athletic Department Support Specialist maintains the Concessions stands, which requires previous food preparation and food area management experience, as well as previous cash handling and cashiering experience. This position is responsible for accurate accounting, inventory management and control, as well as ensuring a safe and sanitary work environment. Work schedule includes working some nights, weekends and holidays Responsibilities and Duties
- Oversee the operation of the Concession stands, including cash transactions and facility maintenance.
- Maintain proper cash handling procedures to ensure each transaction is processed accurately.
- May schedule other employees to assist with the operation of the Concession stands.
- Provide service excellence through courteous, informed, accessible and professional engagement.
- May provide assistance to Athletics office, Intramurals and the Fitness Center.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Reports to: Associate Director, Athletics Qualifications
Required: Must be a currently enrolled at Santa Fe College as a Student, in good academic and behavioral standing, taking six (6) or more credit hours . Previous food management and cash handling experience.
Additional Requirements: Ability to lift up to twenty (20) pounds. A criminal background check will be conducted.
Preferred: Previous customer service experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work successfully in a multi-cultural environment.
- Communication – able to effectively communicate in a professional, diplomatic, empathetic, and tactful manner using preferred method and level as applicable to the job.
- Problem Solving – proven skills in identifying issues, determining their cause, developing creative solutions, and following through with implementing resolutions.
- Proven accuracy and attention to detail.
- Relationship Management – able to personally provide high level of interactive service to others, building relationships and addressing identified needs.
- Team Orientation & Interpersonal – highly motivated team player with ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with all levels within and external to the organization.
Application Process: All applicants must complete the SF Employment Application, submit an up-to-date resume, and a current SF class schedule through the job portal to be considered for this position.
All submitted materials will be routed to and reviewed by the following Job Contact:
Associate Director, Athletics
3000 NW 83rd Street, Building V.
Gainesville, Florida 32606
Contact: Required Documents
:Resume/Curriculum Vitae, SF Current Class Schedule