Nurse, LVNUniversity Pay Plan Title:
Student HealthRecruitment Type:
Open to AllJob Type:
$1,800 - $2,017Job Category :
Non-ExemptRequired Qualifications: Applicants must specifically address how they meet these required qualifications to meet the requirements of the position.:
1. Current LVN license, in good standing, issued by the state of Texas. Preferred Qualifications:
2. Minimum of 3 years of LVN experience working in a clinical setting with direct patient care duties.
3.Experience documenting in electronic medical records systems.
4. Current phlebotomy experience
1. Direct patient care nursing experience in a family practice, internal medicine, or urgent care clinic or hospital emergency department within the last 5 years. Job Description:
2. Direct patient care experience in college health.
3. Experience documenting in eClinical Works, electronic medical records system.
4. Current BLS or ACLS certification.
24 hour per week position responsible for providing nursing care, treatment, and health education for Texas State students at our Round Rock campus.Job Duties:
Responsibilities include nursing care of patients in a clinic setting, management of patient flow and follow-up, health education, and assisting medical providers with family practice and mental health services according to recognized nursing standards. Also assists with COVID, influenza and TB outreach events. Additional Information to Applicants:
Front & Back Office Duties including:
• Perform patient check-in.
• Collect patient health insurance information.
• Schedule appointments.
• Answer calls & take messages.
• Responsible for explaining procedures to patients.
• setting up the exam room, cleaning, and restocking.
• Coordinate ordering and stocking supplies
• Assist with patient care to include vital signs, allergy & immunization injections, blood draws, and assist with procedures such as I & D, lacerations, Pap tests, Nexplanon implants.
• Assist provider with collecting specimens
• Perform CLIA-waived lab tests.
• Other duties as assigned
This position is for 24 hours a week with benefits.Job Open Date:
07/16/2021Job Close Date (posting closes at midnight):
07/30/2021Open Until Filled:
NoNormal Work Days:
Monday, Wednesday, FridayNormal Work Hours Start:
8:00AMNormal Work Hours End:
YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO YOUR APPLICATION. , YOU WILL BE REQUIRED TO ELECTRONICALLY ATTACH A COPY OF YOUR REGISTERED LICENSE.Legal and Required Notices:
Texas State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, committed to inclusive thought and action in support of our diverse community. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups and all those who share our commitment to inclusivity and passion for the strength of our diversity are strongly encouraged to apply.Why work @ Texas State? :
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
Texas State is committed to increasing the number of women and minorities in administrative and professional positions.
• Amazing health insurance: various coverage options starting your first day of employment for full-time employees with Texas State paying 100% of the employee premium and 50% for your dependents! Quick Link:
• Generous paid time off: vacation, holidays, sick days and many more!
• Excellent work life balance resources: mother and family-friendly resources in addition to a comprehensive FREE wellness program
• Great training and development opportunities: choose from a variety of classroom and online course offerings, learning resources, certifications, and employee educational support programs.
• An inclusive Bobcat community: join our many social networks offered on and off-campus
• Retirement peace of mind: TRS pension, retirement plans and voluntary saving options with generous employer contributions
By joining the Texas State Bobcat team, you’ll be a part of one of the most beautiful, diverse, and growing universities in the nation.