OFFICE SUPPORT ASSISTANT IV #00025571 Location:
Rolla Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Hiring Department Materials Science & Engineering Application Deadline
Posted until filled with review of applications to begin July 26, 2021 Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Beneift Eligible Salary
$13.27 - $15.64/hourJob Description
At Missouri S&T, innovation happens every day. And not just in our labs and classrooms.
S&T staff are among the most inventive and creative in higher education - a field known to foster innovation and discovery. If you're looking for a place where you can take your career to new heights, we hope you'll take a look at Missouri S&T. Whether you are just starting out in your career, are looking to change careers or are a seasoned professional in your field, chances are there's just the right opportunity for you at Missouri S&T.
Why? Because Missouri S&T is not just a world-renowned educational and research institution; it is one of the biggest, most versatile employers in south central Missouri. We don't just have first-rate faculty and students; we also have dedicated and dynamic staff who want to make a difference in the world - the S&T way.
At S&T, you'll find challenging and engaging work, a wide variety of jobs to fit your career goals, great benefits, career development and training, work-life balance, beautiful surroundings, a rich tradition and history, a sense of community and belonging, and a proven commitment to diversity in the workplace.
Basic Function and Responsibilities:
- Manages day to day operations of the department, including security issues (i.e. accessibility) and maintains equipment inventory.
- Assistant to the Department Chair to include scheduling, travel arrangements, etc.
- Attends monthly meetings for Associate Chair of Graduate Programs and reports changes of degree programs to faculty.
- Makes decisions on admission status, creates denial/acceptance and offer letters for all applicants.
- Gathers and submits the information needed by International Affairs Office to issue I-20's.
- Assist Associate Chair for Graduate Programs on New Graduate Orientation (updates the student manual and sets up the orientation).
- Tracks all graduate student forms and verifies they have met the requirements of the department.
- Works with graduate students to assist them in finalizing their degree program for graduation.
- Advises new faculty on their startup packages to ensure they spend it as provided by department.
- Trains new faculty & staff on campus/departmental policies and procedures.
- Reconciles purchases other MSE staff have entered.
- Handles purchasing of items under $5K (USA vendors).
- Updates and improves MSE web page, maintains MSE calendar of events and seminar
- Tracks seminar attendance.
- Keeps track of student & faculty awards and assist chair in producing annual newsletter.
- Assists students & faculty with shipping and reconciles incoming receiving and shipments.
- Prepares travel splits for faculty and students
- Assists as needed in other departments across the college.
- Other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or equivalent and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: