ARCHITECT SR #00079292 (DUAL POSTING OF JOID 37603) Location:
Rolla Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Hiring Department Design, Construction and Space Management This is a dual posting of Job Opening ID 37603 - INTERIOR DESIGNER SR. Only one position will be filled depending on the qualifications of the final candidate. Application Deadline
Posted Until Filled Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible Salary
$60,000 - $90,000/yearJob Description
The primary purpose of the Senior Architect position is to engage customers, departments, administration, outside consultants, contractors, and construction managers in order to manage, design, budget, and produce construction documents and ultimately oversee the design portion of construction projects on campus.
- Analyzes design requirements, building code requirements, existing building infrastructure and systems, and applies standards and guidelines to oversee and produce construction documents w/Revit and / or Auto Cad.
- Solves complex design, construction and space management problems..
- Analyzes project feasibility and design studies relative to requirements, budget, space needs, layout and arrangement.. Designs construction systems and details.
- Acts as a project manager for in-house design, external consultant led design projects.
- Acts as a design, code and knowledge resource for others in the department.
- Does design and technical review for their own and others in-house and capital projects.
- Explains difficult or sensitive information with a goal to build consensus.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree and at least 3 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary
- An Architect's license in the State of Missouri or the ability to obtain within 24 months is required for this position.
- 6 years of architectural experience is preferred.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: