Assistant Coach, Softball Location:
UNG-Dahlonega, GA Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Located in the fastest-growing region of the state, the University of North Georgia is a multi-campus university with an enrollment of nearly 20,000 students, making it one of the largest institutions in the University System of Georgia. UNG is focused on a mission of educational excellence, leadership development and community engagement opportunities that develop students into leaders for a diverse and global society. Through a variety of educational pathways that provide access and range from certificates and associate degrees to a professional doctoral program, UNG is responsive to regional education and economic development needs. Federally designated as a senior military college, one of the university's signature leadership programs is its 800-member Corps of Cadets on UNG's Dahlonega Campus.
The University of North Georgia is currently accepting applications for an Assistant Coach of Softball. The assistant coach will aid the head coach in conducting the softball program while fostering and encouraging the goals of student-athletes, and stresses the elements of sportsmanship and fair play. Facilitates the mission, policies and procedures of UNG, the Peach Belt Conference and the NCAA. Incumbent is frequently away from assigned work desk/phone due to official UNG work responsibilities or travel and requires real time communication with others.
- Assists the Head Coach in conducting the program according to all university, conference and NCAA rules, regulations, guidelines and standards.
- Monitoring academic success and progress towards graduation for all student-athletes involved in the program. Provide each student-athlete with the resources and leadership to develop to their full potential; develop quality student-athletes within a successful program while maintaining the highest level of integrity and professionalism.
- Participates in the recruitment and mentorship of scholar-athletes. Assists with student-athlete eligibility certification and completion of forms, medical exams and provides NCAA reports to the Compliance office as required.
- Assists in scheduling and supervision of regular practice sessions, conditioning and weight training sessions. Assist with coordinating travel plans for all competition, practice and extracurricular events; ensures visiting team's needs are met while on campus.
- Communicates and develops rapport with students, parents, alumni, faculty/staff and administration; engages in public relation activities; participates in a variety of fundraising activities; promotes UNG and the program in a positive manner.
- Assists with responsibility for facility supervision and maintenance; must be in attendance when the facility is being used by outside sources.
- Preform teaching duties for the Kinesiology Department
- Other duties as assigned by the Head Coach or Director of Athletics
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of softball with the ability to improve individual techniques/skills and game strategy.
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and adequate computer skills.
- High ethical standards and ability to relate work with a diverse faculty, staff, students and other publics.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Four years of professional and or collegiate playing or coaching experience required.
- Must be able to obtain CPR and AED Certification
- Master's degree preferred.
Required Documents to Attach
- Cover letter
- Unofficial transcripts
Apply Before Date
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with the University of North Georgia, as determined by University of North Georgia in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of North Georgia, a unit of the University System of Georgia, is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex or national origin, age, disability, religion, genetics or veteran status. Georgia is an open records state. Also, UNG is a federal contractor and desires priority referrals of protected veterans.
Special Applicant Instructions
Please submit contact information for three professional references