The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory (PPPL) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Oracle Cloud Fusion ERP and EPM System Administrator to work on the implementation and operation in the Information Technology Department of the application development (AppDev) team. The successful candidate will be the key lead for performing Oracle product administration and support, including Oracle Database and Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM). He/She will have broad responsibilities across daily support, database and middleware administration, quarterly upgrades, user management, security roles, and compliance. This position will be the primary technical expert working with the external implementation team and internal functional team on Oracle Fusion Cloud Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) and Enterprise Performance Management (EPM) systems implementation and support. The ideal candidate will be working closely with customer departments and responsible for resolving and engaging end-users in troubleshooting issues. Strong verbal and written communication are required.
The Princeton Plasma Physics Laboratory is a world-class fusion energy research laboratory managed by Princeton University for the U.S. Department of Energy’s Office of Science. PPPL is dedicated to developing the scientific and technological knowledge base for fusion energy. The Laboratory advances the fields of fusion energy and plasma physics research to develop the scientific understanding and key innovations needed to realize fusion as an energy source for the world.
- Maintaining and administering the PPPL Oracle ERP/EPM Cloud environment (30%)
- Provide functional and technical support, incident management, instance administration, release management, upgrade support, and testing (40%)
- Provide trainings and documentations for function admins (10%)
- Oversee the managed service provider, function as the central point of contact for all issues related to Oracle ERP Cloud (10%)
- Backup support for other applications within AppDev Team (10%)
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information system, or related fields Oracle Cloud ERP/EPM administration, and support experience
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Required Qualifications:
- 8+ years of related business and/or IT experience
- 5+ years Oracle ERP Cloud Administration experience
- At least 5 years of experience supporting Oracle databases in a production or non-production environment
- Experience with shell scripting in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with Oracle Fusion Middleware 11g and/or 12c
- Experience with Oracle 11g & 12c databases
- Experience with the Oracle Cloud ERP Security architecture (security console, roles, privileges, hierarchy, etc.) and hands on experience in updating and implementing user security with Oracle Cloud Security
- Hands on experience with Oracle Business Process Management (BPM) for Cloud/Fusion ERP (Workflow and approval configuration)
- Hands on experience with Oracle Identity and Access Management, such as Oracle Access Management, Oracle Identity Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, Oracle Advanced Authentication, etc.
- Hands on experience with assisting quarterly Oracle upgrades including testing and UAT
- Experience with day-to-day production support and system performance monitoring
- Experience with documentation maintain for Cloud ERP Application configurations, technical objects, and procedures
- Excellent organizational, communication, and presentation skills
- Effective time management skills and ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines, handle multiple tasks and set priorities
- Excellent technical problem-solving skills with ability to work independently and in a team-oriented manner
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Experience with Government Subcontractors, DOE laboratories and/or higher education
- Experience with Windows 2016+
- Experience with PL/SQL and SQL development
- Experience with supporting database cloning process, migrating packages across development lifecycle environments
- Experience with managing Service Requests (SRs) with Oracle Cloud operations to coordinate and complete any Administration tasks
- Experience in building strong relationships with the system implementer and the managed service provider leveraging their support expertise to achieve a delightful experience in PPPL ERP system
- 3+ years’ experience with supporting system development, integration and testing of ERP applications
- Experience with other Oracle Fusion Middleware, such as Oracle SOA Suite, WebLogic Server, Fusion Middleware Infrastructure, Forms, Reports and Data Integrator, etc.
- Knowledge of Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) security guidelines
- Experience in ensuring compliance with defined company data security policies and IT General Controls
- Experience in leading an ERP operations team
Certificates and Licenses:
- Preferred: Oracle DBA certification
- Preferred: Oracle Cloud Platform Systems Management Certified
- Preferred: Specialist Certification in one or more FMW components like Oracle WebLogic Server, SOA, and IDM
- Occasional lifting of IT equipment less than 20lbs such as a desktop tower computer or computer monitor may be required.
Princeton University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. EEO IS THE LAW
Please be aware that the Department of Energy (DOE) prohibits DOE employees and contractors from participation in certain foreign government talent recruitment programs. All PPPL employees are required to disclose any participation in a foreign government talent recruitment program and may be required to withdraw from such programs to remain employed under the DOE Contract.
Standard Weekly Hours40.00Eligible for OvertimeNoBenefits EligibleYesProbationary Period180 daysEssential Services Personnel (see policy for detail)NoPhysical Capacity Exam RequiredNoValid Driver's License RequiredNo #LI-CL1