Accountant 2 Location:
Augusta University Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Required Qualifications Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in the area of Accounting, Finance or related field with a demonstrated emphasis in accounting coursework and a minimum of two years of work experience. Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office and other computer software/databases
Detail-oriented with strong organizational, prioritization, analytical, problem solving and multi-tasking skills
Knowledge of accounting, Excel including formulas and pivot tables to achieve management and understanding of large amounts of financial data
Ability to maintain confidentiality, follow written processes, use multiple databases include financial systems, to reconcile accounts, and to recommend solutions to discrepancies as well as continue to monitor accounts and systems ongoingPreferred Qualifications
- Experience with Excel
- Strong communicator and problem-solver
Responsibilities This position is responsible for monitoring assigned sponsored accounts, educating department administrators/principal investigators concerning compliance issues, and assisting them in managing the sponsored funds in accordance with state and federal regulations. The duties include, but are not limited to:
- Prepare financial reports for various sponsored programs
- Invoice sponsoring agencies and track accounts receivable
- Monitor sponsored programs to determine that expenditures are in compliance with agency requirements and terms of the award
- Establish and maintain budgets for sponsored programs
- Help educate administrators and faculty about compliance for federal and state regulations for various sponsored programs
- Review and authorize transfers (expenditure and budget) for sponsored accounts
- Work collaboratively with various offices to ensure terms and conditions of each sponsored program are met
- Perform all other related duties as assigned and necessary for managing sponsored programs
Shift/Salary Shift: Days/M-F, Work outside of the normal business hours may be required. Pay Grade: 14 Salary: $36,197/Annually - $40,000.27/Annually
Salary to be commensurate with qualifications of selected candidate within the established range (generally minimum-midpoint) of the position Recruitment Period: Until FilledConditions of Employment All candidates are required to successfully pass a Background Check review prior to starting with Augusta University.
All employees are responsible for ensuring the confidentiality, availability, and integrity of sensitive [patient, student, employee, financial, business, etc.] information by exercising sound judgment and adhering to cybersecurity and privacy policies during the course of their employment and beyond.Equal Employment Opportunity Augusta University is proud to be an equal opportunity employer welcoming applicants from underrepresented groups, including individuals with disabilities and veterans.Other Information This position is also responsible for promoting a customer friendly environment and providing superior service to our patients, students, faculty, and employees. "Augusta University is a patient-and family-centered care institution, where employees partner everyday with patients and families for success."
Augusta University is a tobacco free environment and the use of any tobacco products on any part of the campus, both inside and outside, is strictly prohibited.