Bard High School Early College ClevelandLearning Center Fellow (Bard High School Early College Cleveland)Employer Website: https://apply.interfolio.com/90513
Bard Early Colleges are founded on the belief that many high–school–age students are eager and ready for the intellectual challenges of a college education. Bard Early Colleges act on this belief by providing younger scholars with a tuition-free, credit-bearing college course of study in the liberal arts and sciences following the 9th and 10th grades. Students are taught by college faculty in seminar classes; they receive up to 60 college credits and an associate in arts (A.A.) degree from Bard College, concurrently with a high school diploma. Bard Early Colleges begin preparing students for college work as early as the 9th grade and offer ongoing guidance and academic supports.
Now in its second decade, the Bard Early College network serves over 3,000 students in campuses in NYC; Newark, New Jersey; New Orleans, Louisiana; Cleveland, Ohio; Baltimore, Maryland; Washington, D.C.; and Hudson, New York. Since 2003, Bard College has awarded 3,000 A.A. degrees to its early college students.Position Description
Bard High School Early College (BHSEC) Cleveland, a partnership between Bard College and Cleveland Metropolitan School District (CMSD), invites applications for a Learning Center Fellow to join our faculty/staff for the academic year, beginning in August 2021.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Working with students individually, tutoring them in writing, math, and/or science, depending on the Fellow’s specialization.
- Working closely with other student support staff and faculty to monitor and support students who are struggling.
- Co-teaching Advisory and/or College Composition courses.
- Designing and implementing standardized test preparation workshops.
- Supervising study periods and substituting.
- Being available to students for support of all kinds; and providing additional administrative support, as needed.
- B.A. (required); interest in working with urban students.
- Peer tutoring experience; strong organizational and communication skills.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with adolescents.
- Experience with early college programs strongly preferred.
Please upload a résumé, cover letter, and provide a list of names and contact information for 3 references through the Interfolio job application link provided here: http://apply.interfolio.com/90513
Bard College is an equal opportunity employer and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental, or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information.
Bard is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities.