Job location: Maryland - Montgomery County Employment Type:
Part-time Posted data:
Montgomery College is Maryland’s premier community college, serving more than 60,000 students each year through credit and noncredit programs. Montgomery College is one of Maryland’s most diverse community colleges, which includes more than 164 nations represented in our student body. Do you want to join us in our mission of providing an exceptional education and fostering student success? We are dedicated to providing an exceptional education for all of our students, and we recognize that our faculty and staff are integral to our continued success.Job Title
Part-Time Faculty Architectural Technology InstructorJob Description Summary
The Montgomery College, Rockville Campus, is currently accepting applications for possible openings as a part-time faculty member teaching
Architectural Graphics. We are seeking an enthusiastic and dedicated teacher who exhibits a high degree of professionalism, a strong commitment to our students, and demonstrates the ability to motivate and educate in an engaging manner.
***Montgomery College accepts applications for Adjunct/Part-time Faculty on a continuous basis. Applications may be reviewed periodically based on the student enrollment needs. ***
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Online lectures during scheduled class times on Design Fundamentals, Architectural Graphics using ARCHICAD Ver 24 as an exploration tool, Hand Graphics Skills and Physical Model making skills
- Online demonstrations in hand graphics and the integration into computer graphics. (3D modeling and post processing/composition software Twinmotion, Photoshop)
- Develop Lecture content to introduce each of the design problems. Video recording (Camtasia or equivalent). Annotate and post the recorded lectures. Recorded lectures and demonstrations supplement course content throughout the semester.
- Grading hand and digital work and post on Blackboard
- Availability for online supplemental tutoring
- Bachelors of Science degree in Architecture
- Five years of professional work experience
- Must be familiar with multiple building technologies and the graphic architectural documentation of buildings.
- Must be proficient at Architectural Hand Sketching
- Must be proficient in the following software applications:
- Sketchup 20 and Layout
- Camtasia, Screencast-O Matic
- Zoom or Webex meeting platforms
- Adobe Suite
- Microsoft Suite
- Successful candidates will have a demonstrated commitment to promoting diversity, inclusion, and multicultural competence in an educational and work environment and must be willing to contribute to the Colleges strategic plan of inclusion.
- Faculty members are expected to have access to a personal computer with virus protection that can connect to the internet outside of the work location (i.e., office, classroom, college campus)*. Montgomery College (MC) provides an MC e-mail account and access to the learning platform, password-protected faculty sections of the website, college listservs, and other faculty communications tools. *If you do not have access to a personal computer, please notify the department chair at the time of interview. Subject to available funds, the college may be able to provide temporary access to resources.
- Must be eligible to work in the United States without a sponsor.
- Familiarity with Community College Architecture Programs
As a condition of employment, the following are required at the time of hire:
- Successful completion of a background check and degree verification (if applicable). Must provide proof of US degree equivalency for international degrees.
Montgomery College is a tobacco and smoke-free workplace.
For disability related accommodations please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org at least two weeks in advance.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.
Closing DateFriday, July 30, 2021
Montgomery College is a tobacco-free and smoke-free workplace
For disability-related accommodations, please call 240-567-5353 or send an email to: email@example.com.
Two (2) weeks’ notice required to provide accommodations.
Montgomery College is an academic institution committed to promoting
equal opportunity and fostering diversity among its student body, faculty, and staff.