Network Computing Location:
Cottleville, MO, USA Pay Type:
Hourly Employment Type:
St. Charles Community College is located just west of St. Louis, in the heart of growing St. Charles County. At St. Charles Community College, we have a passion for student success. We serve a growing diverse student population, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of our faculty and staff who will help prepare our students for a global society. Qualified candidates will have demonstrated success in serving diverse student populations.
SCC invites qualified candidates to apply for our Part-time Infrastructure Cable Technician position to help troubleshoot and maintain all low-voltage copper wiring for the network and analog circuits for which network operations is responsible.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Terminate new network wire pulls.
- Terminate analog phone circuits.
- Troubleshoot analog and digital circuits on various categories of copper low-voltage wiring.
- Maintain cross-connects for all wire closets in a neat fashion.
- Document all wiring for which responsible.
- Maintain and check all Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) for which responsible.
- Document all Uninterrupted Power Supplies (UPS) for which responsible.
- Complies with IT procedure for reporting child pornography on SCC equipment.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High degree of familiarity of EIA/TIA 568B standard for unshielded twisted pair (UTP) for category 5e and 6 wiring.
- Familiarity with telephony and Tip/Ring wiring.
- Knowledge of BCSI standard.
St. Charles Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.