16-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Admission Boca Raton, FL, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Lynn University is an innovative, global and personalized college based in Boca Raton, Florida. Our 3,000 students are from approximately 100 countries. Our NCAA Division II Fighting Knights athletics program has won 25 national championships (and counting!)
Lynn is one of the top colleges to work for in the nation, according to a survey by the Great College to Work For program. We are an Honor Roll institution with accolades in 10 categories, including compensation and benefits, confidence in senior leadership, job satisfaction and support, and teaching environment.
As a Lynn employee, you will help us build a better world with our students. Lynn is currently accepting applications for an Executive Assistant to the Vice President for Enrollment Management.
The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive support to the Vice President for Enrollment Management who oversees the Office of Admission and Student Financial Services. This dynamic position requires the executive assistant to anticipate operational needs, think critically, and offer solutions to a variety of situations with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. The executive assistant is part of a fast-paced environment that requires robust multi-tasking skills and the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and collaboratively in a team-oriented structure.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that include providing sophisticated calendar management; completing expense reports through Workday; composing and preparing correspondence; answering and prioritizing calls; arranging complex and detailed travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling documents for travel-related meetings. Assist with designing and producing multifaceted documents, reports and presentations administered to the Board of Trustees. Communicate with contemporaries in senior level executive offices around campus on programmatic initiatives designed to achieve the university's goals and objectives.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects, often with deadline pressures.
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication between the enrollment management team and various internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with key stakeholders.
- Serve as liaison between staff and supervisors for approval of paid time off.
- Coordinate the logistics of events and meetings taking place on-and-off campus to support the efforts of the enrollment management division.Collaborate with the campus visit team to welcome prospective students and families to campus and ensure they have a memorable experience.Support the daily operations of the Office of Admission.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Personal Characteristics
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with precise attention to detail.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, faculty, families, and external partners.
- Proficient written and verbal communication skills.
- Resourceful team player, with strong decision-making capabilities who can work efficiently, effectively and independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Self-starter, highly organized individual who possess exemplary customer service skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office, Workday and Apple iWork tools and ability to become familiar with recruitment software programs.
- Ability to work a schedule that includes duties performed on occasional weekends.
Accreditation and equal opportunity
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university is preferred.
- Five to seven years of experience supporting C-level executives is preferred.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, age, pregnancy, parenting status, veteran status or retirement status in its activities and programs. In accordance with Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Lynn University does not discriminate on the basis of sex. Inquiries concerning the application of the non-discrimination policy may be directed to the Lynn University Compliance Officer/Title IX Coordinator at 3601 N. Military Trail, Boca Raton, FL 33431, [email protected], or +1 561-237-7727; or to the U.S. Department of Education Office for Civil Rights.
Lynn University is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges to award baccalaureate, master's and doctoral degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call +1 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Lynn University. 2020 Lynn UniversityAmericans with Disabilities Act
Please notify us at least five days in advance if a reasonable accommodation for a disability is needed by calling +1 561-237-7639.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with the Clery Act, the University annually provides a report to each student and current employee, as well as to prospective employees and students, that provides a detailed disclosure of information regarding campus security practices (including Emergency Response Plan, Timely Warnings, Emergency Warnings, Missing Persons, fire safety policies, fire prevention data, and Crime Log policies), as well as crime and fire-related incident statistics for the preceding year. The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at lynn.edu/securityreportFor your health, Lynn University is now smoke- and tobacco-free.