Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10726 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
The department of Military and Veterans Affairs is seeking a Coordinator, Canine Veteran Rescue Mission.
The Program Coordinator will work closely with the Humane Society of Broward County (HSBC) manager, the FAU Military & Veteran Student Success Center, Canines Providing Assistance to Wounded Warriors, and the programmatic team to ensure organizational structure. In conjunction with the Executive Director of the HSBC, the Program Coordinator will participate in the overall strategic planning and goal/objective setting of the Canine Veteran Rescue Mission. Additionally, the Program Coordinator will handle logistics and oversight of all operations, including canine trainer, veteran participant enrollment, program web, and social media outreach.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Create, plan, promoted, implement, and evaluate the HSBC veteran program.
- Design, recruit, train, supervise volunteers implement, and manage the veteran family fun day program.
- Create, plan, and implement community events and/or educational programs.
- Develop and coordinate of the distribution of educational materials to the University and community-at-large regarding the program.
- Prepare and maintain the programming budget.
- Assist with project management.
- Assist with research-related tasks including recruitment, data collection, data management (SPSS).
- Assist with grant writing/document editing/creation.
- Assist with manuscript preparation (including proficiency with a reference manager program).
- Assist with COMIRB submission & adherence.
- Conduct correspondence.
- Assist in all aspects of research studies and projects.
- Organize and manage project files and research files.
- Website and social media management.
- Perform office management tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
Master's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization; or a bachelor's degree from an accredited institution in an appropriate area of specialization and two years of appropriate experience required.
Master’s degree in related field is preferred.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.
Demonstrated administrative and managerial skills, and experience in supervision.
Experience in program management and community engagement is highly desirable.Salary:
$40,000College or Department:
Military and Veterans AffairsLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Some nights and weekends.Application Deadline:
2021-08-01-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.
This position is funded with recurring grant funds with an expiration date on September 01, 2022. Renewal of funding is anticipated; however, not guaranteed.