Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10668 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
University Libraries at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Library Specialist, Boca Raton, FL.
With over 30,000 students from all 50 states and over 180 countries, 21 intercollegiate teams, 180 plus degree programs, and an administration that thrives on discovery and excellence, FAU is pushing the boundaries of higher education. Florida Atlantic's faculty and staff are trailblazers and innovators with a passion for finding creative solutions while advancing science, art, and technology in all disciplines. Our work environment is a hub of cultures from across the nation and the world, making FAU a place where collaboration flourishes.
Reporting to the Head of Access Services, the Library Specialist assists users in person, by email or by phone with their use of the library’s collection of electronic, print and multimedia resources and related services, serves as an ambassador on university policies, services and other campus units and conducts research to stay well informed on this information while providing excellent customer service to FAU and the broader community.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Assist library users in accessing library collections including processing new and updated patron applications and identifying and utilizing appropriate resources.
- Facilitates training on the use of electronic, print and multimedia resources.
- Perform basic level reference services. Determine when research inquiries should be escalated to reference librarians and provide appropriate contact information.
- Independently perform collection maintenance in assigned area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the development of department and library policies and procedures
- Supervise and operate library equipment including video surveillance system, security gates, computers, scanners, copiers, audiovisual equipment, collaboration equipment and printers.
- Conduct minor troubleshooting and maintenance tasks (i.e., loading paper and toner, clearing minor paper jams, loading microfilm, equipment connection issues, restarts, etc.)
- Respond to inquiries about the library's online resources, online databases, and related policies.
- Open and/or close the library according to established procedures. Act as part of the university’s emergency response staff to reopen the university after emergency closings.
- Respond to, report and route issues through appropriate channels in a timely manner.
- Participate in the setup of event rooms, areas, materials, and equipment for events held in the library.
- Provide specialized cross training in the Access Services department and cross train in other departments as needed Researches and implements new developments, trends, and innovations in libraries.
- Perform additional duties as directed or required by the supervisor or circumstances.
High school diploma or equivalent and five years of appropriate experience required.
Excellent verbal and written communication skills are essential to success in this position.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Excel.
Must also have excellent customer service, organizational and time management skills.Salary:
$35,705College or Department:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
Tuesday- Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.Application Deadline:
2021-07-29-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711
Final candidate will be required to have official, sealed transcripts and original NACES evaluation, if applicable, sent from their educational institution to Human Resources prior to the start of employment.
Successful completion of a background check, which may include a motor vehicle check, credit check, fingerprinting or additional screening, is required for the selected candidate prior to the start date.
A resume and a cover letter are required for this position. Make sure to attach these required documents in the Attachments section of the application. Any missing required documents may result in disqualification.