Job location: Boca Raton Employment Type:
Full-time Posted data:
REQ10713 Apply now to join FAU on its race to excellence. For more information on everything FAU has to offer, please visit www.fau.edu/jobs. Position Summary:
A.D. Henderson School at Florida Atlantic University seeks scholars who are committed to supporting the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds and to engaging communities underrepresented in higher education. Florida Atlantic University is committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all who interact in our community. In building this environment, we strive to attract students, faculty and staff from a variety of cultures, backgrounds and life experiences. Florida Atlantic University embodies a culture of strategic and collaborative community engagement that results in mutual benefit to the institution and the diverse internal and external communities that it serves.
Florida Atlantic University is seeking a Science Through Art Teacher, Boca Raton, FL.
Summary of Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate the ability to plan, model, deliver, and develop rich, standards-based, student-centered learning experiences.
- Collaborate with STEAM and elementary classroom teachers to reinforce science concepts through interactive art experiences.
- Design and develop engaging art lessons and interactions that bring science to life.
- Create curiosity and enthusiasm for knowledge in science.
- Identify and utilize relevant art and science instructional strategies and resources.
- Demonstrate preparation and skill in working with students from diverse cultural, economic and ability backgrounds to promote science learning for all children.
- Integrate discussions and a variety of lessons to support an understanding of science.
- Use real-world application of interest and relevance to engage.
- Engage in research activities to further the school’s mission and to generate advancements in teaching and learning.
- Communicate regularly to students, colleagues and parents regarding student progress and student needs.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree or higher from an accredited institution required.
Valid Florida Educator’s Certificate in Elementary Education K-6 or valid Florida Educator’s Certificate in Art K-12 required.
Experience integrating science and art concepts preferred.
Experience in developing art or science curriculum preferred.
Elementary teaching experience preferred.Salary:
Commensurate with ExperienceCollege or Department:
A.D. Henderson SchoolLocation:
Boca RatonWork Days and Hours:
2021-07-25-07:00Special Instructions to Applicant:
This position is open until filled and may close without prior notice.
All applicants must apply electronically to the currently posted position on the Office of Human Resources' job website (https://fau.edu/jobs) by completing the required employment application for this recruitment and submitting the related documents.
Our application site permits the attachment of required/requested documentation. In addition to completing the online application, please upload the following: a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of teaching certification and copies of official transcripts scanned into an electronic format.
Transcripts for faculty positions must be an official copy scanned into an electronic format and attached to the application. Degrees from outside the United States must be validated by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation Service (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts). The evaluation should be scanned and electronically attached to the application.
An unofficial transcript may be used during the hiring process to assure that the prospective faculty member may be credentialed for the courses they are expected to teach. An official transcript sent directly from the institution is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of employment. Similarly, for degrees from outside the United States, the evaluation by an organization belonging to the National Association of Credential Evaluation (NACES), with an indication of the documents the evaluation was prepared from (official transcripts, diplomas, dissertation abstracts) is required for the Provost’s credential file prior to the first day of class.
The candidate selected for the position will be required to have fingerprinting done at the FAU Police Department and a background check done by the school. This position is subject to funding.
Individuals with disabilities requiring accommodation, please call 561-297-3057. 711