Date: July 15, 2021Description
Title: Administrative Assistant for Academic Affairs
: Under the Supervision of the Executive Assistant to the VP for Academic Affairs and the chairs of each department, the Administrative Assistant is responsible for multiple tasks that are required in order for faculty to fulfill their position in educating students during the academic year. Schedule and hours are flexible.
- Performs a variety of word processing tasks, such as letters, minutes, exams, class materials, questionnaires, reports, journals, programs, etc.
- Ordering: office supplies, desk copies, office nameplates, key requests, material requisitions
- Assists department chairs with department budgets and reconciles discrepancies
- Assists department chairs with scheduling needs, such as compiling class schedules, meetings and events
- Compiles statistics for use in reports and grant applications
- Updates portions of the department web pages as needed
- Creates and maintains positive relationships with all internal and external constituents
- Mail pick-up and delivery to and from the Copy Center
- Provides support with Faculty Recruitment
- Assists the Office of Academic Affairs with collection of course syllabi and office hours
- Serves as liaison between faculty and Aramark facilities regarding work orders and building maintenance concerns
- Supervision of work study students
- Assists faculty with media requests
- Responsible for minute taking at Faculty Meetings Participation in significant campus activities including Welcome Weekend, True Blue Weekend, and Commencement WeekendExpected to comply with all applicable College, Federal, State, local and associational regulationsAs a representative of the College, expected to comport oneself in a professional manner at all times, both on and off campus
- Performs other job related duties as assigned
: Minimum requirements for the position are a High School Diploma or GED and at least three years of secretarial experience.All employees are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 prior to the start of their employment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Microsoft Software (Office, Word, Excel, etc.)
- High level of verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work with multiple supervisors
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Strong organizational skills
The physical demands of this position include being required to regularly sit for long periods of time, navigate stairs, walk across campus, and lift and carry light to moderate weight packages.
An independent, residential liberal arts college enrolling approximately 1,200 full-time undergraduates, Hartwick embraces the teacher-scholar model, with teaching excellence as the first priority, and seeks to recruit, retain and promote a diverse workforce. The College features a Liberal Arts in Practice general education curriculum and aspires to “be the best at melding liberal arts education with experiential learning.”Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. Hartwick operates as a community of learners where there is a very real sense of belonging and connection. By joining Hartwick, you become part of a group of people who work together, share in our successes, and a celebrate our accomplishments. All positions at Hartwick contribute to the education and development of students with the opportunity to see the impact on future leaders—what you do at Hartwick really matters.Our beautiful 425-acre campus is located in the scenic Susquehanna River valley in Oneonta, New York—a charming town near the northern foothills of the Catskill Mountains. Hartwick offers health benefits to domestic partners of employees, flexible scheduling, opportunities to engage in athletic and cultural events (concerts, exhibits, and lectures) and tuition benefits for eligible employees and their dependents. Hartwick College prohibits discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation/preference and gender identity/expression and is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to broadening “the understanding, awareness, and appreciation of diversity among all members of the Hartwick community.” Women, minorities, and other underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. Hartwick College is committed to providing a safe and secure educational and employment environment. Employment at Hartwick College is therefore contingent upon a successful background check on every new employee. Candidates to whom an offer of employment is made will be required to sign a Release of Information Form authorizing the College to conduct a thorough background check.Hartwick College is committed to a diverse candidate pool, values an inclusive workforce and workplace environment, and wishes to minimize or eliminate the impact of implicit bias during the search and hiring process. All applicants are asked to submit the following materials with their online applications:
A cover letter;A resume; A Diversity Statement that addresses how your past and/or potential contributions to diversity will support Hartwick College’s Diversity Statement (https://www.hartwick.edu/campus-life/intercultural-affairs/diversity-at-hartwick/); andThe names and contact information for three references, with annotation regarding how the reference is related to you and your work (at least one of your references must be from a current and/or previous supervisor).
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.