Search #: 495453JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Storrs Campus
Categories: Athletics (Coaches, Trainers, Specialists)
The University of Connecticut is seeking applications for the full-time position of Equipment/Facilities Manager for the sport of Football. The applicant’s responsibilities are specific to the equipment area within the Football program and related facilities.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Supervise an internal and external staff which includes a full-time assistant, student labor, logistical staff associated with moving team equipment and phone technicians who handle all aspects of sideline communications; prepare and monitor all budgetary aspects as it relates to the Football equipment room; oversee all aspects of team apparel and equipment ordering, receipt and inventory; equip all student-athletes, coaches and staff for daily practice, training, competition and travel; properly fit all protective equipment, apparel and footwear to ensure the health and safety of the student-athletes is maintained; continually research and monitor innovations and needed improvements in all areas of equipment; perform all necessary maintenance as needed and ensure all protective equipment passes the reconditioning and recertification standards set forth by the National Operating Committee for the Standards of Athletic Equipment (NOCSAE); work closely with the Athletic Training staff to provide support related to any special protective enhancements that need to be established; attend all practice, training and competition throughout the year and ensure all associated equipment off and on the field is maintained; manage all aspects of equipment related duties for competition both home and away; work with outside vendors in the procurement of goods; knowledge of NCAA rules and regulations as it pertains to apparel and equipment; ensure that all aspects of trademark and branding related to equipment and apparel are in compliance; responsible for all shipping and receiving functions in the Burton Family Football Complex and Shenkman Training Center; initiate all work orders related to facility maintenance; attend continual education training sessions and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years of full-time experience working in an FBS level Football equipment room
- Experience at multiple FBS level institutions working in Football and Olympic sports
- Direct oversight of 4 Olympic sport programs
- Four years of supervisory experience including student workers
- AEMA (Athletic Equipment Managers Association) certified
- Knowledge of all types of athletic equipment and its proper use
- Knowledge of OSHA standards for blood-borne pathogens
- Basic computer application knowledge
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, teamwork, and collaboration skills
- Willingness to work flexible and irregular hours including weekends and holidays
- Experience at the NFL level
- Demonstrated experience preparing and executing the transportation of all equipment for football away games
- Demonstrated budgeting experience
- Comprehension and working knowledge of Coach COMM communication system
- Experience working in multiple post-season bowl games in Football
- CPR/AED/First Aid Certified
This is a full-time position. The University offers a full range of benefits, which can be found at https://hr.uconn.edu/employee-benefits-overview/. Salary will be commensurate with experience.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #495453 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on July 30, 2021.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Jul 16 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 30 2021 Eastern Daylight Time