MANAGING ENGINEER #00036009 Location:
Rolla Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Design, Construction and Space ManagementApplication Deadline
Posted Until Filled Full Time/Part Time
Full Time, Benefit Eligible Salary
$70,000 -$105,000/year Job Description
- Confer with department representatives to determine and coordinate design criteria for completion of design drawings: advise with regard to feasibility.
- Provide information to departmental representatives concerning needed changes in cost, schedule and project requirements.
- Assist departments in evaluation of needs, identification of priorities, and development of construction documents required for project implementation.
- Create engineered design drawings using Revit and/or AutoCAD.
- Select and size equipment and components to be utilized in the design of the project.
- Plan activities of technical staff, providing technical assistance,, instructions, and ensuring design accuracy and completeness.
- Monitor design staff progress with respect to adherence to schedules, hours, expended time on a project, and quality of over-all product.
- Review detailed scale drawings required for all types of building construction.
- Develop preliminary and final cost estimates and project schedules.
- Review specifications prepared by technical support staff.
- May seal drawings and specifications prepared for design projects.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
- A Bachelor's degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience and at least 5 years of experience from which comparable knowledge and skills can be acquired is necessary.
- EIT status is required.
- An ABET accredited bachelor's degree in electrical, mechanical, architectural, or other related engineering field.
- 3-4 years of experience in electrical engineering design for architectural projects.
- Professional registration in Missouri is desirable or ability to obtain by comity within 6 months.
The final candidate is required to provide copies of official transcript(s) for any college degree(s) listed in application materials submitted. Copies of transcript(s) should be provided prior to the start of employment. In addition, the final candidate may be required to verify other credentials listed in application materials.
Failure to provide official transcript(s) or other required verification may result in the withdrawal of the job offer.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of a criminal background check.
Equal Opportunity is and shall be provided for all employees and applicants for employment on the basis of their demonstrated ability and competence without unlawful discrimination on the basis of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable state or federal law. This policy shall not be interpreted in such a manner as to violate the legal rights of religious organizations or the recruiting rights of military organizations associated with the Armed Forces or the Department of Homeland Security of the United States of America.
The University's nondiscrimination policy applies to any phase of its employment process, any phase of its admission or financial aid programs, or other aspects of its educational programs or activities. Further, this policy applies to sexual violence or sexual harassment, both forms of sex discrimination, occurring within the educational program and instances occurring outside of the educational program if the conduct negatively affects the victim’s educational experience or the overall campus environment.
Any person having inquiries concerning the application of Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 or other civil rights laws should contact the Title IX Coordinator.
EEO IS THE LAW
To read more about Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) please use the following links: