Job no: 509340
Position type: Staff Full Time
Campus: UMass President's Office
Campus Location: South St Shrewsbury
Department: UITS-Digital Experience
Categories: Information Technology
Advertised: Jul 15 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
Applications close: Jul 22 2021 Eastern Daylight Time
UMass is one of the only public university systems to have all undergraduate campuses ranked as National Universities by U.S. News & World Report. Striving for excellence at UMass ensures that the citizens of Massachusetts have access to world-class public higher education and the Commonwealth benefits from a top-tier research university focused on supporting the economy and workforce of the state.
The University Information Technology Services (UITS) is seeking a talented and innovative IT professional to help support the University strive towards its goals of excellence. UITS is a department of the President’s Office located in Shrewsbury with responsibility to provide central IT development and administrative services to the UMass campuses and President’s Office.
University Information Technology Services (UITS) at the University of Massachusetts System Office is seeking an Associate Full Stack Application Developer to design, develop, integrate, administer and enhance web applications in our CRM and digital product portfolio. Applications include: Salesforce, Drupal, DropBox, Slack, Document Imaging, Amazon Connect CTI, Dell Boomi, Heroku, and more. The Developer works on a cross-functional product management team that uses human-centered design approach with an agile approach to deliver reliable, secure, accessible, modern, and user-friendly experiences and business capabilities to our stakeholders. We strive to make it easier to get work done at UMass.
Essential Functions:Assist with the support of Salesforce CRM application design, development, configuration, integration, enhancement, and administration.Assist with the support the development, configuration, enhancement, and integration for a suite of business applications focused on digital marketing, employee success, and student experience: DropBox, Slack, Enterprise Content Management Platform (Document Imaging), Drupal, Amazon Connect CTI, Dell Boomi, FormAssembly, Heroku and more.Collaborate on the creation and execution of test scenarios.Engage in discovery and design activities with business users for a variety of use cases.Using design thinking approaches for prototyping and minimum viable product creation.Work independently or on a team to solve production issues and analyze/design potential solutions.Stay informed on emerging technologies and transfer knowledge to the team members.Work within a team environment as well as self-directed on single person projects. Accept accountability and ownership of tasks assigned.Able to transition back and forth between activities effectively.
Other Functions:Work on a team with other Developers and Specialists that support the Campuses and other integrations as needed.Work closely with technical and functional resources, reporting, integration IT teams and campus customers.Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
Preferred Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Education, Experience):
- Experience using or administering Salesforce.
- Ability to explain technical concepts to business users.
- Ability to translate business needs to technical solutions.
- Knowledge of Robotic Process Automation platforms.
- Experience with cloud-based development.
- Familiarity with web application technologies, such as Apache Tomcat, etc.
- Knowledge of Agile Development methodologies.
- Familiarity with multiple operating systems (Mas OSX, Windows, LINUX, etc).
- Ability to apply new ideas and technologies to meet an ever-evolving user function.
- Experience incorporating accessibility tests into the development process.
- Experience building digital products where compliance with accessibility standards is part of “definition of done.”
- Able to transition back and forth between activities effectively.
- Ability to continuously learn new capabilities and apply new ideas and technologies
- Highly accountable and able to work effectively under minimal supervision.
- Periodic travel to all UMass campuses.
- Periodic weekend and evening work for system maintenance, upgrades, and project implementations to minimize the impact on the campus business calendar and student administration operations.
Salary Range: $55,000-$70,000. Final salary offer commensurate with experience.