16-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
Named as one of the Best Historically Black Colleges and Universities for 2021 by College Consensus, Fort Valley State University seeks qualified professional candidates for the position of Director of Financial AID to lead a progressive and dynamic financial aid department in order to support and advance the University's efforts to increase student access and success. The Director of Financial Aid reports directly to the Vice President for Student Success and Enrollment Management. Applications will be reviewed immediately. Take a virtual tour of the University at fvsu.vrtoursrvr.com.
With a support staff including an assistant director, financial aid advisors, outreach specialist, and customer service representatives, the Director of Financial Aid will plan, organize, and manage the operations and activities of the federal, state, locally, and privately funded financial aid; monitor and ensure compliance with federal and state regulations; evaluate
operations leading to continuous improvement; and supervise and evaluate financial aid staff.
- Provides leadership for comprehensive campuswide financial aid programs, including federal, state, institutional, and private aid.
- Monitors and reviews federal, state, institutional, and Board of Regents policy changes to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Supervises Financial Aid staff.
- Counsels students and parents in the financial aid process.
- Works with Athletics Compliance Office to ensure compliance with NCAA rules and regulations.
- Serves as Title III grant manager for the Office of Financial Aid.
- Supervises the reconciliation of federal, state, private, and institutional funds.
- Works as liaison to the FVSU Foundation to disburse scholarship funds and assists in the identification of recipients.
- Manages the department budget.
- Completes institutional reporting requirements.
- Serves as Data Steward for the Banner Student Financial Aid system; performs testing of new releases and patches; assigns and maintains security.
- Develops and implements financial aid policies and procedures.
- Serves as audit liaison during federal, state, and Board of Regents audits.
- Automates Banner Financial Aid modules as applicable.
- Represents the institution at regional and state professional meetings and conferences.
- Supervises the coordination of financial aid seminars and programs.
- Directs the management of department social media accounts.
- Implements new financial aid software and web-based products.
- Continually keeps abreast of the latest changes and trends in the field and related areas.
- Represents the college in meetings with appropriate external organizations, institutions, and groups.
- Aligns annual goals to the strategic plan.
- Performs other Director related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree required; master's degree preferred.
- More than five years of related experience.
- Knowledgeable of federal, state, private, and institutional financial aid programs, policies, and procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the Banner financial aid module.
- Knowledgeable of federal and state student aid online reporting systems.
- Knowledgeable of need analysis principles.
- Knowledgeable of budget development and management principles.
- Knowledgeable of supervisory principles and practices.
- Skilled in the delegation of responsibility and authority.
- Skilled in the operation of computers and job related software programs.
- Skilled in decision making and problem solving.
- Skilled in interpersonal relations and in dealing with the public.
- Skilled in oral and written communication.
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams.
To be considered for this position
- Application packet must include: a) A letter of interest that addresses the responsibilities and qualifications of the position;
b) Current resume or curriculum vitae;
c) At least five references with full contact information including e-mails (References will not be contacted without consent from applicant.)
- Submit application packet (preferably as PDFs) to: [email protected]
Additional information will be requested upon receipt of application. For best consideration, submit application packet by July 9, 2021. Review of applications begins immediately, and applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com