16-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Data and Technology Research Analyst for the Office of Sponsored Programs.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
Data and Technology Research Analyst reports to the Office of Sponsored Programs and helps enhance research and sponsored programs at FVSU by maintaining and developing databases, and ensuring a strong technology infrastructure is in place to increase the number of grants and research programs for regular and graduate faculty, staff, and undergraduate and graduate students.
- Developing data collection instruments and utilizing these instruments and methods for the evaluation and quality control of research or operational data at ORSP.
- Collects, analyzes, interprets, and summarizes data in preparation for generation of statistical and analytical reports.
- Maintains computerized collection and tracking of relevant data.
- Organizes and facilitates workshops and meetings to help researchers with technology needs
- Administer and oversee grant management systems to dynamic forms, grants.gov fastlane.gov, etc. at FVSU.
- Work with all necessary offices on campus to ensure that technology is in place to provide services effectively and efficiently to FVSU researchers.
- Prepare data needed for research related reports.
- Train staff, all faculty and all students needed assistance on research software.
- Prepare PowerPoints and other presentations for the area.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assign.
- Bachelor's degree in a related field;
- Three (3) years of experience in computer information or related areas;
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word etc.); and
- Familiarity with modern database and information system technologies.
- Master's degree in related field; and
- Experience with databases management statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com