16-Jul-2021 to Until Filled (EST) Fort Valley, GA, USA Full TimeEmail Me Similar JobsEmail Me This Job
FORT VALLEY STATE UNIVERSITY (FVSU), a state and land-grant institution of the University System of Georgia, invites applications for the position of Customer Service Representative for the Office of Financial Aid.
Fort Valley State University, the only 1890 land-grant university in Georgia, is a comprehensive institution that provides an education to over 2,800 students including graduate students. The university is located in the town of Fort Valley in Peach County, the original site of the state's peach industry. Its 1,365-acre (5.52 km2) campus is Georgia's second-largest public university in area.
This position performs clerical and customer service duties in support of Financial Aid Office operations.
- Answers telephone, respond to voicemails and office emails.
- Greets visitors; provides information and assistance.
- Assists students and parents with information related to financial aid policies and procedures and technology.
- Enters student information into the financial aid computerized database.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence; responds to email inquiries.
- Opens and distributes incoming mail.
- Maintains a variety of forms and hand-outs.
- Maintains office supply inventory; reorders as needed.
- Maintains department files and records.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Knowledge of modern office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of university and departmental policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of computers and job-related software programs.
- Skill in prioritizing and organizing work.
- Skill in the use of such office equipment as a computer, scanner, fax machine, and copier.
- Skill in oral and written communication.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- More one year of related experience required.
Fort Valley State Universityhttps://fvsu.applicantpro.com